Goodbye (The World)

A/N Requested by: Insane_Detective

The person from which it's written from is called Dave and is just a random citizen from Central City.

----------

Had it been a weird week? Yes, yes it had been. First the sky's turned red, then about three billion people from another earth landed here after their earth was destroyed.

(Because suddenly the multiverse theory is true??)

And then we all died.

The entire universe just died except for seven heroes.

(Or six heroes and a criminal.)

And now we're just back. Nobody knows how to deal with it. Maybe we should watch Avenger Infinity War again?

And there is one question people keep asking.

'What really happened? '

How can the universe just be destroyed? What happened to the heroes? Is there something we could have done to stop this?

Because nobody knew. Once the sky's turned red, no news report came out. No politician told us what was going on. And no superhero was there to explain. The only thing we knew, about the seven Paragons, had been posted in a newspaper, with no credible source. Nobody even knew if it was actually true.

(There are many things that make movies unrealistic. One of those things is the fact that everyone always knows what's going on.)

When we opened our eyes, everything was there. Everything we had seen disappear in front of us, it was here again. But where were our heroes. Where were Batwoman, Supergirl, Black Canary, ATOM, Spartan, Steel, Frost?

Where was the Flash?

Their usual source for all things Flash related, The Central City Citizen, hadn't reported anything in the two days since they'd come back. It was as if Iris West-Allen had disappeared, but not returned. Some thought she hadn't, others thought it was bullshit.

Almost three days after the blip (I had decided to name it after the blip from Spider-man Far From Home), no one had seen the Flash yet. Some other heroes, like Supergirl and ATOM had stayed in Central City and helping team Flash take down Meta's that kept popping up.

Finally, a notification from the Citizen popped up on my phone.

FLASH MISSING, VANISHES IN CRISIS

The internet exploded. Reddit started to fill up with conspiracy theories of people who didn't believe the Flash was death. I understood that. After years of the hero protecting the city, people didn't want to give up on him. He had disappeared for a few months before, why shouldn't he come back this time too?

For a few days we didn't get any more answers, but then a video was published.

Watch this if you want to know what happened to the Flash!

The first time I saw it, I thought it was clickbait, but then more people send it to me, so I decided to give it a try.

The video starts with a shot of a red sky, and the camera moves to show the Flash's face. You can hear an explosion behind him.

"So, if everything went according to plan, this video will reach you in a few days."

That was definitely the Flash. But how is this possible? I tried to search for the source, but it was anonymous.