Don't Leave Me

Tears whelmed up in Armin's eyes. He was speechless.
"What about that stuff you said to Mikasa, and what you did to me... Was that to protect us?" Armin asked with teary eyes.
"Yeah," Eren said looking to the ground even more. "I didn't mean any of that, I just wanted the two of you to stay away from me for once. So that I could protect the two of you, just this one time. I guess that didn't work though, huh..."
Armin was still speechless for a moment, as tears slowly ran down his face.
"So is this it?" He asked, voice cracking a little.
    "...Yeah," Eren turned around to face Armin. "When all this is over, the people in the walls will be free. You, Mikasa, and everyone else will be free. You guys will start a new life without hatred," Eren started walking and passed Armin. "I did my part."
    "Eren," Armin called out. "Your sure? There's nothing? Nothing else we can do?" Tears we're still falling down his face.
Eren stopped in his tracks, back facing Armin who is standing ten feet behind him.
"There's nothing." Eren said while putting his hands in his pocket. He began to walk again.
"Wait," Armin began crying even more. "Let's talk! Talk to me a little more, Eren! Like you used to..."
"Then what," Eren said while stopping in his tracks again. "This is it. I'm leaving the rest in your hands now. In a world where everyone feels needed."
"What will become of you when this is over? It's just that, I've been following you all this time." Armin said while looking to the ground and closing his eyes.
"I don't want you to go somewhere faraway, so that no one can reach you anymore." Armin opened his eyes and raised his head up again.
"Just how long are you going to keep pestering me like this?" Eren said, still standing with his hands in his pockets.
"Forever," Armin shouted. "I don't want this to ever stop! Freedom, exploring the outside world... I don't care about any of that! My happiness was only possible because you were in my life! I love you, Eren... That's why, I just want to be with you forever!"
    "Listen," Eren turned around abruptly and took his hands out of his pockets. "You don't think this is hard for me too!" Tears began streaming down his face. "Of course I don't want things to end like this! I'm the one who loves you guys more than anything! I want to happily explore the outside world together like we planned all those years ago! I want to be with you and everyone else forever... Why do things have to be so unfair...
    Armin's eyes widened, teares still falling from his face as Eren was sobbing in front of him.
    "Why did things have to turn out like this... Eren said while still crying, unable to open his eyes anymore.
    Armin still stood there in shock, crying. He could hear the deep pain in Eren's words and wailing. The two stay in this state for a moment. Then Eren walks over to Armin. He wraps his arms around him, hugging him tightly.
"...I'm sorry, Armin.
"...It's ok," Armin said while hugging Eren back, the two still crying.
"I just wanted to protect everyone..."
"I know." Armin said while hugging Eren tighter.
"I love you, Armin."
Armin started to sob even harder, as he felt himself fading away.
"Goodbye, Armin..."
When Armin awoke back into reality, everything was done.
    "Goodbye, Eren..."

THE END