Chapter 2: Settle

"Mum I'm home!"

The three turned their attentions over to the front door to see a boy with similar features as Inku. Inku beamed and walked over to greet him.

"Oh sweetie! Welcome home!" She smiled warmly at him and helped him with his bag. "Your dinner is ready and we have guests." She said while she led him into the dining and livingroom. The boy raised a confused brow.

"Guests?" His gaze fell on Dazai and Chuuya at the table when they walked into the room, he blincked at the two. "Who are you guys?" He asked anxiously. Dazai stood and walked over to him and offered his hand.

"Hey there, I'm Osumu Dazai and my partner there-" Dazai pointed with his thumb over his shoulder at Chuuya. "-is Chuuya Nakahara." Dazai intoduced themselves to the boy. The teen hesitantly took Dazai's hand and shook it before turning to his mother who nodded with a smile.

"Boys this is my son, Izuku." Inku informed Dazai and Chuuya. "I found these two boys in the streets this afternoon, they were living in the streets so I offered them to stay here for the night." She told Izuku. Dazai tilted his head to the side and gave them a warm smile.

"Your mother is a kind woman, she's rare gem among this world." Dazai said. "I swear on my life I won't let anything happen to your mother." The brown-haired teen said assuringly. "Thank you for letting Chuuya and I stay here."

"U-Uh yeah. No problem." Izuku frantically waved his hand in front of him. "Let's eat I'm starving." Izuku said, feeling a bit more relaxed around the new people. The three went over to join Chuuya who was nearly done with his meal and didn't say a word to Izuku. They made small talk while they ate, Dazai and Inku being the ones talking the most during their time at the table. Dazai was asking questions about any places that Chuuya and him could go for supplies and clothes, only for Inku to offer them some of  Izuku's clothes that he didn't like, Izuku agreeing with the idea since he didn't minded it.

"Are you sure it's okay?" Chuuya asked Izuku and the boy nodded.

"Yeah, I don't mind." Izuku assured them both.  "I never wear them anyway so it's fine." He said.

"Thanks for all of your help, especially to people you don't know." Dazai said with a smile. He stood up and took the empty plates from them. "Let me clean the plates at the very least, if you don't mind." Inku smiled up at the teen and clapsed her hand at how much of a gentleman Dazai was.

"Go ahead, you're so kind." She said with a light blush. The boy saluted her with a cheeky grin before walking away, Chuuya huffed after he left and crossed his arms. Izuku stared at Chuuya in thought but was snapped back into reality by Chuuya's voice.

"Do you have questions for me?" The ginger's eyes bore into Izuku's, his gloved hands brushed off some dust off of his hat while he looked at the green-haired boy in front of him. Izuku flinched from the eye contact but hid his nervousness to not worry his mother who was beside him.

"Yes I do. What are your plans for tomorrow? Since you'll only be staying here for tonight." Izuku asked the other boy. Chuuya looked at him for a moment more before gazing away and turned his gaze into the kitchen, where Dazai was cleaning the dishes. His ex-partner in crime was gazing down at what he was doing while his mind raced to formulate a plan for their next actions after recieving all the information they had gathered so far during their short time in this world. Chuuya didn't look at Izuku when he replied with an answer for his question.

"I don't know but Dazai does." Chuuya said and sighed. "I hate to admit that he's usually the one creating the plans while I follow his orders, it ticks me off to rely on him all the time but his plans never fails." He clenched his fist beneath the table, hidden from their view. Izuku gazed at Chuuya in curiosity, and wondered what the two boy's stories were. He decided to change the subject.