three ──── talking like you mean it

obito

four weeks pass. four weeks of getting to know my y/n.

it all honestly felt like a dream,

and along with this fever dream──my running has never been so fast before, and for once i dont think i'll actually be late to this ( even if i did get stopped by a few people ). and honestly i ... i don't care if i'm late to even my own funeral! as long as i'm not late to this.

.
.
.

the moment that i got to the hospital i went to the front desk when i noticed that y/n wasn't out front. which made sense. i mean, one ( when sick ) shouldn't stay outside for too long. granted, i wasn't exactly sure what y/n's condition even was. yeah ... despite it being four weeks since we first met .. not once had i dared to pry as to why she was in the hospital.

besides, it's not like i'm angry at her for not being outside, i mean, as explained above, she could be really sick. not to mention that a beautiful girl like her shouldn't let so many prying eyes stare at her. there are plenty of weirdos after all.

"excuse me, i'm here to see y/n l/n."

i could never forget her full name, even if someone paid me. besides, i spent enough time carving the letters of her name into my mind. to make sure that even if my whole memory was erased .. she would be the only one i remembered.

"of course! here's her room number."

i quickly thanked the woman as i ran in the direction of her room, but behind me i heard the woman say something to herself.

"it's good to her finally make a friend. her health should get better now that she isn't alone..."

i wasn't even phased. it just meant i could have her all to myself, but ... what if she wants more friends and i'm not enough for her? no. i'll make it to where she doesn't need anyone else but me! i am enough.

"y/n," I yelled out as I entered her room.

she jumped slightly while squeaking lightly. she was looking out the window before i had come in.

"obito?! i thought you weren't actually coming today ... i mean, you were talking about how you had to study for a test tomorrow and everything just a few days ago and you still hadn't prepared for it."

she held a downcast look as she twiddled her thumbs.

"you're really silly y/n. i will always come visit, you know? it won't matter if there is a major storm outside, if i have an important test and need to study, or even if there are enemy ninja keeping me away──i'm here."

She smiled at me as she held out her hand, "then, then you would like to sit down in the bed next to me? i never had chairs in here because no one ever visisted, well, before you came along──"

i didn't let her finish because i didn't want a sad look on her face, "we dont need any chairs! i can sit on your bed all the time! besides, chairs are overrated anyway!"

i quickly got up beside her as i ignored her personal space.

"so, tell me more about yourself," i yelled as i took her hand in my own. ignoring all boundaries as per usual since my very first visit.

she giggled as she squeezed my hand while thinking, i finally have a friend! she couldn't explain the happiness she felt in this moment.

"now, you're the silly one obito! why dont you tell me about your day first?"

she's an angel!

kind, sweet, beautiful, and a heart of gold.

i could go on forever and ever.

smiling i told her about my day just as she had requested. i told her how I wanted to become the hokage, and how my ninja training was going, and...and sadly i told her about the other people in my class, but luckily she didn't pay too much to them as she had me continue on about myself.

she really makes me happy! i'm keeping her with me for sure!

he was glad his new
toy didn't break yet