¦Prologue¦

"You're disgusting, despicable! Inhuman even!" I yelled from the top of my lungs. "You're sick! How could you do this to me? You knew how dear he was to me! You out of all people, knew how much I held onto him!", tears were flowing freely down my cheeks. Tears of hurt, anger, frustration, shock and all kinds of emotions.

My hands went automatically to wipe them away but it was impossible to keep up with the speed they were flowing down my cheeks.

"Ana, listen...", he started but I cut him off before he finished his sentence.

"No, Caleb! No! Don't you dare call me Ana! My name is Anastasia, only the people who care for me, get to call me that, people who don't go behind my back to stab me just after I put my trust in them! And I trusted you! I told you I already had problems with trust, but only with you that I went out of my way to do just that for the hope that you'd cancel your mission or whatever that shît was. And you promised me you wouldn't kill him! YOU PROMISED! But despite it all, you did exactly it" I said as I looked him dead in the eyes, they were starting to get moist, I saw successive flashes of sadness, remorse and, maybe....doubt?! Like he wasn't sure about some decision, it had me confused. I almost believed it but then remembered that it could be just one of his many other acts.

"I was a sad case but I had believed you'd save me when I lied between your arms under the sheets of the bed, but now that I woke up you just had to be a villain instead of a superhero", I gave up trying to wipe my tears by now, "And I really expected you to be the one who'd help fix me up, so I could finally be whole. Instead, you broke me more.", I whispered this part, as all of my energy drained out of my body. "And, you know, I don't even believe that I had fell that hard for you! That I even fell for you for that matter! But I don't regret this sole part. Actually, it turned out to be the only good thing from this whole situation, because thanks to it, I'm no longer blind and naive as I used to be, you taught me that nothing good comes out from putting one's trust into someone else!" I finished with this as some sort of closure between us.

He opened his mouth to speak but I didn't let him as I just left him there standing alone in the middle of the room. Still having a little hope at the bottom of the little remaining pieces of my heart that he might go out looking for me, maybe, fighting for me, but just to feel another sting when no one came out. So I ran, I ran mindlessly, without a definite purpose, just thinking that it might help me escape the cruelty of life, but it was all just false hope.

I just felt so defeated and so...used. But thankfully this is the end of it. I know I'll never be able to be fixed after this, but it's alright, I'll survive, at least I have sweet memories to rewind when I'm at my worse cases, just like now. I heaved a sigh as I started to take a trip down my memory lane.

I remember when we first met, it all started on the first day of university...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what do you think? If you have ideas, some rectifications or comments on the cast maybe, then, feel free to comment them or message them ^^

Big fat sloppy kisses on each of your cheeks! MWAAAH!

PS: Next chapter on 10+ votes ;)