dont smile at me

It's become an unspoken routine for Billie to come over after my last class or shift and lay in my bed while I do finish my work and study. Then after we either watch a movie or we'll go out for dinner.

But that's only on the nights she doesn't have press or some event to attend. Which luckily for me is not all that often at the moment. Thanksgiving is coming up and I'm due to drive back home for a few days while Billie is spending it with her family here.

Ava called me last week to tell me she told Aiden that she likes girls which he fully supported her about and was happier about not having to worry about his friends dating her than anything else. And now they only do their usual bickering which always ends up in them calling me.

And now at ten-pm on a Tuesday night while I'm waiting for Billie so we can go get ice-cream is no exemption to them facetiming me to resolve their fight.

"I don't understand why you two aren't in bed yet, don't you have school tomorrow?" I asked them.

"Lex that isn't the point right now" Aiden said "the point is that Ava has taken my favourite hoodie that I was going to wear on the school trip tomorrow for herself to wear"

"I really couldn't care less guys, why don't you ever complain to dad about your problems I'm going out soon"

"I doubt that" Ava rolled her eyes "and dad's asleep, we don't want to disrupt his slumber. Plus if we woke him up then he'd get mad we aren't asleep yet"

"Where are you going so late at night Lex" Aiden asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Out with a friend" I told them vaguely.

"A friend? Or a friend"

"None of your damn business kid, now back to the hoodie so we can be done with this call—" I changed the subject but stopped when my dorm door swung open loudly and Billie stepped into the room with a huge grin making my cheeks heat up and instantly melt.

"Yo" she drew out "traffic was a damn bitch trying to get back from the event tonight. They fully blocked off all of Hollywood Boulevard for that shit and I couldn't get out for like twenty-minutes" she complained loudly not yet noticing I was on the phone as she walked over to me and elegantly slid onto my lap "hi mamas, how are you?"

"IS THAT BILLIE EILISH?" Ava screamed, pulling me out of the daze Billie's presence always puts me in.

"Hello, my baby" Billie looked at the phone and waved at Ava and Aiden who was just as shocked and confused "are these the twins?"

"Yeah this is them—"

"You know about us?" Ava asked with wide eyes and then looked at me "she knows about us? Aiden she knows who we are! What's going on? I think I'm going to faint" she fanned herself dramatically making Billie and I laugh.

"Of course I know about you guys, Lex never shuts up about you two" Billie told them.

"Same can be said about Ava, she never shuts up about you either- ow!" Aiden glared at Ava you smacked the side of his head forcefully to shut him up.

"He's lying! I'm like totally not some creepy fan, trust!" Ava shook her head making Billie 'aw' and mumble to me about how cute she is.

"It's no worries Ava, I'm glad you're a fan. I couldn't really say much about your sister when we first me. Lex had no idea who I was"

"Yeah, she's been living under a rock"

"I have not! I even have a Tik Tok account"

"Only so we can watch people and make fun of them" Billie laughed.