NEW YEAR

"Do you have to go?" Said Ria.
"Huh...Uh." he replied.
Literally Anik was not listening;perhaps thinking.
"I have to go. I have nothing to do." He said.
"Do you have no way?" Her face glistened a bit and her vision got some how blurred.
"Don't weep. Ria." He clutched her hand. They stood still for a while.

It was not the same.  Precisely it did not have any match to the current situation. Christmas was just knocking the door and so their hearts were. Anik was going to visit his grandma's house with his family for this christmas and fortunately the place was also his friend's house,Ria... Did I mention Ria as Anik's friend???  Nah. He will kill me.
Anik knew Ria for about fifteen years. Even in kindergarten,they were mates. It was until 5th grade they came to know that they were in love. Since then they were in relationship. Anik had been excited so much.After all  no video calling can compensate for the warmth that only dingles until your dear is around. He would not forget the day.
The sky was clear. Flowers were swaying in breeze. They were in their car by 10 am. His dad was driving and mom was beside him.
The landscape was beautiful. Though in December it seemed that the nature felt the sensation of his heart and so did his mom as he could see his mom simpering.
They took a halt in a market. It was crowded and people were buying gifts,cakes(which they packed in advance).
They entered a food plaza and ordered berger for himself and his parents. They discussed many things such as what they would do in grandma's house and what surprises were awaiting for them.
So as he finished his meal,he went to the car.
His cousins lived with his granny;his aunt precisely his mom's sister was a veteran at making delicious food. He just could not wait to see his cousins anymore. Also he was eager to see...............
There was a terrible sound burst. He could not make sense of anything. His ear was dump;the car windows were cracked. He got out.
People were rushing in panic; he could see a cloud of black smoke from the plaza. He ran there...........Nothing. There was nothing.  The place was devastated. His eyes sticked to their seat. And to his mom and dad. He shouted,"MOM, DAD......"
He tried to get in the place but someone held him. He was crying and struggling.

That day and today. It was 25th december and today was 1st december. He sat on the bench. Everything is same. But one thing changed. His mom and dad was with him anymore. Like many people he had developed a burning ulser. So his support of living dismissed,and he was an orphan. For that his uncle,now in London,was agreed to take him there.
"When will you come?" Ria asked as she could now sense this departure was inevitable.
"I don't know. Perhaps. On next christmas....I can't tell as I have no idea of the British education system."
"Oh........ You would call me. Everyday. Ni promise me." She looked at him.
"Everyday. I promise.Let's go home . It's late"
They got up and walked. This path had the footsteps of his mom and dad. The air had the fragrance of his parents. His parents was not in front of him.  In his heart he  would survive his parents' existence.
This departure was an end of a chapter. His parents, his home, Ria, grandma......But it was also true it was a beginning of a new chapter. Who knows what might come and he would stay and come here to his HOME.