The Truth Comes Out

"Will, you merely put the clothes on?" Jarep sounded exasperated. Keith was being extremely unpleasant, he was adamantly refusing to do anything they politely asked him to. He wasn't trusting of anyone and had every right to be. I mean it's not every day that you wake up in a strange place only to be greeted by someone who's apart of the species that you're fighting a war against. It was either that or he was just naturally untrusting.

Keith was glaring at him from across the room challenging him to come closer. He hadn't left the room with the healing pod inside. He'd planted his foot not moving and saying that he wasn't moving repeatedly. Having been fed up Jarep had instructed everyone to vacate the room, so now here they stood to have a staring contest with each other.

"You can't stand like that forever," he said leaning comfortably against the wall, crossing his arms.

"Watch me."

So he was one of those people. You know the kinda person who tries to act tough, but is desperately trying to figure out what to do to escape? Yeah, that's exactly what Keith was undoubtedly doing. Jarep could recognize by the way his anxious eyes kept moving across the room, how a fierce flash of evident annoyance crossed his face when he discovered the security cameras. Jarep even noticed when he glanced at the clothes biting his lip and tensing the slightest. So he was getting cold just standing there in that skin-tight suit. Jarep could work with that; he could make him see that he could be trusted and that Keith had nothing to worry about.

"I'm not the bad guy Keith," he said. If he played his cards right he should be able to convince him to open right up.

Right as he was about to respond the door slid open and Haiethil promptly entered carrying a personal communicator in hand. Immediately Keith's head shot up and recognition crossed his face. Ignoring him for the time being he turned to Haiethil. She held her communicator out to him showing it to him as she talked.

"I've tried to reach her several times, and she's not picking up. What do you believe is going on?" She said in a rushed whisper.

"Well she does have another team, so she could've gotten into a dispute with them?" he suggested. "She always responds so I wouldn't worry. Maybe wait a little bit longer before sending a team to her previous known location. If we follow protocol, she will turn up eventually."

Nodding, she turned to go with the mission in mind already planning who she would select to be apart of the team. She would lead it of course, but she would most likely need back up.

Across the room, Keith looked up just in time to see Jarep get Haiethil's attention once again. He talked to her for a moment; she nodded understandingly glancing at him once in a while. Finally, Jarep pointed at him before exiting the room leaving him alone with Haiethil. She crossed the room carefully slipping the communicator into her pocket smiling reassuringly at him. Sitting on the floor only a few feet away from him she gestured for him to do the same.

Hesitantly he sank to the floor placing his back to the wall. He shifted uncomfortably for a uncomfortable minute. The last time he had seen her she was being used as leverage against him so the Galra could get him to do what they want. What should he say to her? Is she traumatized from having a loaded gun being pointed at her? If she is she's doing a really good job of concealing it.

She was the first to speak, "Honestly I was rather concerned we had failed you," she said quietly.

We?

She must've noted his confusion because she suddenly launched into an explanation.

"We had caught wind that the Galra were preparing to wipe out all Galra half-breeds no matter the heritage or species. They were even going to do this with their soldiers who were loyal to Zarkon. With so little info to go on, we quickly sent out agents to planets watching possible victims from afar."

"But I was on Earth how did you know about me?" He proposed the question even though he already knew the answer to the question.

"Lance's family has been part of our agency for a long time. We have them as our agents on Earth since they know the planet and culture the best."

So that's what the Galra had meant when he had said Lance wouldn't be able to defend him forever. He knew about the agency and who they were trying to protect. Things were starting to click but something was still not adding up.

"How did you know I was a half-breed specifically?" he asked tilting his head slightly.

She smirked as if she was expecting the question, "Your mother came to us and informed us where you would be right before she went on an undercover mission for us deep in the Galra Ranks."

"Wait! Slow down," this was too much information at once. Keith's mother was in space deep in the Galra ranks which could only mean his mom was Galra. He directed a hand through his hair exhaling deeply. Tears pricked his eyes as he looked up, "Do you know where she is?" he asked his voice cracking.

"No, we don't, she's missed her last several checkpoints with us and it's too risky to send in a team, so the sole thing we can do is wait till she responds or wait for the right moment to send in a team."

"Is there anything I could do?" he asked sitting up straighter. He had finally found out that his mom was alive. After many years of thinking that he would never get to meet his birth mom he now finally had a chance.

"Well you can start with putting on some warmer clothes," Haieithil said standing up, "Then we can go talk to Jarep to see what we can do about your mom."