9

Maxine's POV

I was about to walk out of the bathroom when Clifford appeared in front of me, an angered look on his face.

"Stay away from Penelope. She's mine." He warned.

"She shouldn't be yours though, should she? She should be mine...You are a sick and evil man. I saw what you did to that kid down by Sweetwater River." I looked down and bit my lip. "If I had stayed, she would not be with you. I would've stopped all of this happening."

"Well here's a little newsflash for you, Maxine. You didn't stay. This happened. Stay away from Penelope and stay away from my Daughter. I will not let you ruin her."

"And what do you mean by that?"

"You know damn well what I mean. I will not have her become the abomanation that you are. You are a vile monster that should've been put down years ago."

"I know." I mumbled as he left the room.

I walked out of the bathroom and decided to head upstairs. I didn't care about the time, I just wanted today to be over with. I slowly walked up the stairs, my hand gently trailing along the black bannister. I passed a picture of young Penelope on the wall and I smirked.

I looked around to make sure nobody was around before removing the picture, my smirk growing as I saw the small crack in the wall still there.

"That was a good night." I said to myself as I carefully hung the picture back up.

I continued my journey up the stairs and just thought about how much has changed. It just baffles me sometimes, I stay the same yet everything around me changes.

I already knew where the guest bedroom was, so I headed straight inside. I unbuttoned my shirt and removed it before folding it up neatly and placing it on the chest in front of the bed.

I moved to the side of the bed I'd be sleeping in and sat down so I could remove my shoes. Then I unzipped my jeans and removed those and threw them on top of the shirt.

I decided against removing my bra, I would've put a tank top on but I don't have my clothes but right now I'm unbothered. Today has been too much for me already.

I got under the covers and settled down for the night. I glanced at the clock on the night stand was surprised to see it was five pm. Quite early.

"Maxine?" Cheryl knocked on the door as she opened it.

"Mm?" I replied with my eyes closed.

"It's five pm why are you sleeping?"

"Because I'm tired?" I answered opening one eye.

"Oh, before you sleep I have something I forgot to tell you. Mr Perry wants us to act out Romeo and Juliet in modern times."

"Fun." I said my eye slowly closing as I felt myself about to drift off.

Cheryl sighed and I heard the door close. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep and before I knew it, I was back in my happy place. My dreams.

- - -

I woke up slowly and glanced at the clock. Three am. I yawned and grabbed my clothes so I could put them back on. I might aswell just go and fetch my clothes now whilst everyone is asleep.

I slowly and carefully tip toed out of the room, afraid I might catch a creaky floorboard as I tried to sneak out of the house.

Once I was outside and felt the cool night air hit my skin, I sighed happily. I loved being outside. I loved having the freedom the night allowed me to have.

I walked down the empty street, smiling happily....Until I passed the woods. The scent of blood creeping into my nose.

It wasn't strong enough to be human blood so I followed the smell, which led me through endless amount of trees, until I came across an injured deer, close to death. There was no saving it.

I fell to my knees as my fangs came out, the smell of the delicious blood being too much to handle.

"I'm sorry." I said sadly as I pet the dying deer before sinking my fangs deep into it's body. Sucking out every drop of that delicous liquid.

Jughead's POV

"CAN YOU TAKE ME HIGHER?" I sang loudly as Betty drove us back home. "TO A PLACE WHERE BLIND MEN SEE?"

"God, Jughead. Shut up." She said annoyed as she turned the music off.

"Hey, don't go turning Creed off now."

"You know I hate that type of music."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever, let's listen to your girly pop music. How about some Meghan Trainor? Or Selena Gomez?" I teased. "Oooh Kelly Clarkson."

"Shut up." She laughed. "Kelly Clarkson is awesome..." She trailed off. "Hey, is that Maxine?" Betty said concerned.

I looked out the window and she was running at a rather fast pace....That was not a normal running speed.

"And...Is that blood?" Betty asked looking towards me worried.

Maxine was running so she isn't injured....But why the hell is she covered in blood? What the hell happened?