A Gift in the Dark - Short Story Compilation

A Gift in the Dark - A collection of short works by Gavin Wilson

Copyright © 2012 Gavin Wilson.

~

Contents

A Gift in the Dark

The Temptation of Words

The Cubicle

A Little Bit of Soul

The Lost

Godmother

Sketch

Among the Campions

One for the Road

Troll Bridge

Another Chance

The Loneliness of the Tower Crane Driver

Portrait

Word of the Father

The Speech

As the Leaves Fall

All Gather'd Here

Watcher

Pass the Ketchup

Veiled Intent

Blood Red Moon

The Pen is Mightier

~

I just wanted to add a quick note to say thank you to those of you who have to live with me and put up with the endless tapping sounds from the corner. I love you all and apologise for being on a different planet most of the time. Thanks too to those who have encouraged me, put up with me blathering on, occasionally given me a constructive boot up the backside, or simply pointed out the odd spelling mistake. Your love and friendship means the world to me.

Several wonderful Wattpadians have given their time and editing skills to this project. You know who you are and have had a thank you from me personally, but this collection couldn't be where it is now without you folks too. Thank you.

Also, I would never have managed to do this without the amazing platform that is Wattpad. Wattpad has given me the space to play, improve, get critique and turn from a rank amateur to something verging on being described as a writer. Without readers, I am nothing. Without the place to show off my works I am less. Thanks to Allen, Ivan, Eva, and the rest of the team at Wattpad HQ.

Dedicated with love to Nanna. For seeing something in me that I only truly discovered once you'd gone.

Yours Sincerely, The Orangutan - aka Gav.