prologue.

a royal Harry Styles fic
loading...

prologue.

Picking at the ends of my ripped jeans, I sat on a bench situated near the lake just outside my home. I took in a deep breath as I cleared my mind to keep myself calm before my interview. A few days ago, I came across a noticeboard where a job application was pinned up. It was for a handmaiden for the princess. She's rather known for her tantrums and constant dismissal of her servants. The alarm on my phone went off and I opened my eyes, letting out the breath I was holding and stood from my seat while dusting my hands along my denim-clad thighs. I gathered my belongings and hailed a cab, giving the address to the royal palace to the driver. I leaned back into the seat and kept my attention out the window, taking in the sight of this beautiful winter morning, watching as patrons filled into cafés to get their dose of early morning caffeine.

Families huddled together as they walked the streets, kids being adamant on running around while vendors stood on the sidewalks with hope that someone will take pity on them and buy their goods - that being their only source of income. Coming from a middle-class family, I'm well aware of the struggle regarding money, I didn't have much but I had a lot. Getting this job would change the lives of my parents, my father could finally retire from the railway and he could receive proper health care for his heart condition. Eventually, the cab stopped and I got off, reveling in the sight of the majestic palace before me. House Phillips, one of the wealthiest royal families in the entire United Kingdom. The ground they walk on is worshipped by everyone and even though I won't be granted the same treatment being a part of their service, my selfish heart dreamt of it.

Alright, so this was the prologue, what did you think of it???

vote if you want chapter 1 :)))

All the love x