Chapter 1

I'm so thirsty...
I need something to ease the burn in my throat....
I need blood....
Anything....

I slowly walked through the edge of the woods looking for any stray animal or squirrel that I can satisfy the burn with.

I emerged from the woods and saw an open window on the second floor of a two story home. I could hear a strong beating heart and a pulse rushing thru the body. My mouth watered at the sound.

I couldn't control it anymore... something took over my mind and I was digging my nails into the side of the house climbing to the open window. As I got closer the smell kept getting even more overwhelming. It's the sweetest thing that has ever filled my nostrils. I sneakily peeked into the window to scope out the scene. I saw the back of a girl's head with her long, curly brown hair falling over the edge. I don't know how long I stared but she shifted in her bed making her glorious smell rise into the air. She flipped over and I got a perfect view of her face... Flawless face.

My eyes widen at the sight. Her tan, brown face looked in perfect bliss as her full pink lips her slightly parted. She had a cute little freckle under her left eyes and one beside her mouth on the right side of her face. She looked like an angel. My thirst was set aside as of the reason was that my time was now devoted to the gorgeous girl laying on her bed before my eyes. I need her... I want her... I can't let anything ever happen to her... I will be always watching.
That is a promise.

Star POV

I woke up the next morning to something, more like someone jumping on my bed. I laughed as I peeked my brown open to see the crazy ass blonde jumping on my bed.
"Go away!" I yelled jokingly at my best friend Baylee.
"Come on sleepy shit, we gotta go to school!" She exclaimed as she plopped onto her stomach next to me. I exhaled loudly and pushed the comfortable comforter down my brown legs and swung them over the side of the bed. I stood up and stretched.
"Your hair looks like a rat nest." Baylee said laughing. I laughed with her and flicked her off as I walked to the bathroom.

I stripped of my PJs and jumped into the warm shower. I sighed happily as the hot water relaxed my stressed and tense muscles. I took my tea tree conditioner and quickly ran it thru my hair. As soon as it was fully washed out I grabbed my vanilla scented body wash and lathered my skin with it. Once I was done I got out and wrapped a cozy towel around my body, and one in my hair. I walked out to the kitchen only to see baylee in the exact same attire. Only in a towel and her hair wrapped up. We laughed at each other and continued to what we were doing. I was about to turn on the coffee machine until Baylee stopped me. I looked at her with my eyebrow raised.
"I was thinking since it's cold out we could leave early and hit up Starbucks for breakfast this morning." She said.
"I would like to but we won't have time..." I looked at her disappointed.
" Exactly why I woke you up 40min early!" Baylee said with a cheesey smile.
" Well aren't you a smart ass! " I laughed out loud as I finally noticed the clock.

I went into my room and picked out a tight, longs sleeved maroon top with a pair of dark washed, ripped skinny jeans. I took my half dry hair out of the towel and scrunched it a little so that my big, long curls will be tamed. I slipped on my knee high whit socks on and a pair of tall light brown boots on. I grabbed my thick infinity scarf and wrapped it around my neck. I applied a little eyeliner and mascara. I put on some lip balm and threw it in my bag. I ran down the stairs and grabbed my cropped leather jacket off the hook and slipped it on right when I saw baylee round the corner. She was wearing leggings and a big thick sweater on and some uggs. Her blonde hair was perfectly curled with her bangs braided back . WE LOOK FABULOUS!!

"Who is driving?" I questioned.
"Me!" She yelled and grabbed her car keys. We grabbed our bags and walked out to her car.
She turned on the radio and a thousand miles came on. We both looked at each other ands as a screamed. THE GURL ANTHEM!! We screamed all of the lyrics on the way to Starbucks. We giggled as we walked in.
"I'll order for us.." Baylee said and walked into the line of people. I pulled out my phone and started going thru Instagram. The bell rung and I looked at the door to see a tall dark man walk in and take a seat at the table on the other side of the place, but in perfect eye shot. I looked over at him, but it was a little difficult to see him past his dark ray bans. I shrugged and started humming don't stop believing to myself as I looked around.