Prologue: Founding out

Prologue:

       It was around midnight when I hear the front door close. I usually just ignore it and go back to sleep. But I could no longer turn a blind eye. I wanted to know the truth, to finally put my aching heart to rest. I slipped quickly out of bed and marched into the foyer turning the lights on. Yellow Brightness illuminated my living room and my husband Derek who looked ready to piss himself. He was shocked to see me because he expected me to still be in bed. I smile proudly and it slowly vanished as I saw the fresh hickies on his neck with red lipstick smudging them.

   Suddenly I felt stupid. My suspicions were correct all along and I wanted to crawl back into the safety of my comforting bed and pretend like I didn’t see this, pretend like I didn’t know.

   “Stiles” he says with guilt clenching his voice.

     He wouldn’t meet my eyes. He couldn’t bear to see the hurt in them that he so recklessly caused.

   “Why?” was all I said.

     He sighed dramatically, shoving off his black leather jacket and tossed it aside. This time he met my bewildered stare head – on. He didn’t have the air of regret about him anymore just purely annoyance.

   “Can we talk about this crap tomorrow? I’m tired” he faked a yawn and tried to move past me but my arm stopped him.

  “Don’t ignore me, Derek. I thought we had something special?!” I nearly shouted bursting into tears.

    Derek stared at me impassively with no remorse in his expression. He snatched his arm out of my grasp.

   Without looking at me he said “Well you clearly thought wrong”

   He walked away from me and with each step he produced my heart crumbled into tiny pieces. I highly doubt it will ever be whole again. I fell onto my couch deciding I would crash here for the night. There was no way in hell I could sleep in the bed with Derek after knowing what he has done. Excuse me, who he has done.

  It pains me to have learned this information. He promised me he wouldn’t hurt me and that he will always remain faithful because there was nobody else who could compare. He obviously lied and that’s what makes this whole thing worse. The fact that I had to find out this way was horrible.

    But I couldn’t place all the blame on Derek. For months now I have suspected of his cheating and chose to ignore my gut instinct. I guess you can say that I’m just as guilty as he was. I leaned over, resting my head on the arm part of the couch. I was cold and had no blanket to cover me.

   My eyes then found Derek’s jacket on the floor. I got it and cuddled back on the couch, wrapping the material around me. It was like Derek was hugging me. His cologne lingered on the jacket making me yearn for him more and more. But I wouldn’t go to him because I was too damn mad. I will try to talk to him tomorrow. Yeah I think yawning. I close my eyes and succumbed to my tiredness.

      “I don’t love you anymore, Stiles” said Derek grimacing at my tear stained face.

      “No!” I screamed. “You can’t possibly mean that”

     “But I do” he says laughing bitterly. “I don’t know what I was thinking when I married you”

       He was turning away from me, getting ready to walk out of my life for good. I was desperate for him to stay so I grabbed at him. Any part of him was enough. But when I did my touch went right through him. Derek faced me, his laugh morphing into a sinister one.

   “Looks like your time of keeping me are over”

   “No!” I refused to loose him.

  “Just accept it Stiles” he said tauntingly. “Let me go”

 “We can make this work!” I yell at his retreating form.

     I was grasping at straws.

     Derek shook his head and doesn’t turn back to look at me once.

       “Stiles” someone is shaking me to the point where I’m going to get a major headache.

     I woke staring at the man responsible for my terrible nightmare. Derek stares at me plainly, his eyes not showing an ounce of love like they use to when directed at me. I rub the sleep out of my eyes and sit up on the couch.

     “We need to talk” Derek’s voice was serious as cancer.

         My heart jumped in my chest but I didn’t panic. This could be something that he need and he was right we did need to have a chat. I looked at him expectantly waiting for him to continue.

    “Stiles” he said. “I’m having an affair”

    “No shit! Those nasty bruises on your neck are evident enough!”

    Derek doesn’t even have the decency to look ashamed. If I didn’t know any better I would say he looks quite amused at my outburst.

   “Racheal”

   “What?” I said confused at the name he blurted out.

   “That’s the name of the woman who gave me these” he chuckles, pointing at his neck.

      I couldn’t hold my anger down any longer. My hand shot out and smacked his ass across his face. Derek’s face immediately swung sideways, my handprint red on his semi tan skin. He spat a stream of blood on me. It turns out my slap had lost his a tooth.

 “Feel better now?” he mused darkly and I was going to go for round two when his next words stopped me cold.

   “You’re not the only one Stiles and you will never fucking be”

    So I’m back from my long ass hiatus. I started a new story and I just wanted to be clear that this does not tie in with the other sterek stories that I’ve posted. This is solo. Please rate & Comment!