Chapter Three: I've got war on my mind

Chapter Three:

I’ve got war on my mind

   I arrived back at my apartment with unexpected noises sounding. I didn’t think anyone was going to be home but the loud moans coming from my bedroom proved me wrong. My heart dropped because I recognized the moan. It was a lovely music to my ears but in that moment I hated it. The moaning came from Derek. Moving fast on my feet and my mind going in a sharp haze, I kicked open my bedroom door s.w.a.t style. The sight in front of me was disturbing. In my bed, tangled in the sheets laid my husband with another woman. That part didn’t shock me.

  What shocked me were that they were doing the nasty in my bed. The bed that I come home in sleep in when I had a rough and long day at work. The bed that I have dreamed very pleasant dreams which contained me and Derek living happily after ever. I was enraged and when that happens there was no telling of what I would do. The first thing I wanted to do was hurt Derek like he has hurt me.

    My eyes landed on the corner of my room where a bat stood against the wall. Without a second thought, I stalked towards it not aware that Derek was calling my name. I only heard it when I grabbed the handle of the bat.

  “Stiles what are you doing?” His voice was nervous.

    It brought me great pleasure that I had made him sound like that. Lately Derek has been rarely showing any emotions. He moved away from the girl who was observing us with fear. She must have sensed what I was about to do.

  “I’m going to fuck things up”

   I swung the bat at the lamp that was on the dresser. It came crashing to the ground and the bulb shattered into pieces. The girl screamed her head off. She sounded like she belonged in a horror movie and it made me laugh. Derek stared at me like I was crazy and my laugh turned into fits of giggles.

 “What the hell is your problem?” he demanded angrily.

   I didn’t give him an answer instead I destroyed more things. Pictures of us together. A present that I had gotten him for his birthday. His watch. A camera and anything else that was in close proximity. I destroyed it all. When I was done I turned to Derek and the girl.

“I need more things to crush” I said in a daze and slowly moved towards them.

    They backed up as far as the wall behind them allowed. Derek glared at me.

 “Don’t you come any closer to us!” he shouted.

    Ignoring him, I kept on moving and raised the bat high.

     “You think having this little tantrum is going to change anything, Stiles? Because it’s not. It’s not going to make me love you. This makes you look pathetic and worthless!”

    I stopped at his words like they had struck me like lightening. I could feel the pain pounding heavily within my chest and I fell to my knees pushing back the tears that threatened to fall. How could he say that to me? Did he really think that I was pathetic and worthless? I only wanted for him to love me not to think I was those things. I dropped the bat from my hands and let the tears fall.

   “What have I done?” I asked softly.

   My hands were shaking uncontrollably and they wouldn’t stop. I needed to get out of here. Go somewhere to cool down and figure out what to do with myself. Casting one last look at Derek, I ran out of my bedroom and out the apartment. Once again I found comfort at the bar where I was determined to drink all my sorrows away. I was on my second drink when I heard a chair scrape against the floor and felt a body sit next to mine.