Chapter Eight - Saturday (Week 2)

(I'm not good with chapter names so the chapters will just be days of the week and the numbers of weeks I guess.
Huge Warning: There will be mentions of rape further on in this chapter so I will warn you when it's time to skip past that part in case the topic is too strong for some people to read.)

Emma's P.O.V.

Sarah and Abigail got into a fight. And from what I heard, Sarah snapped and beat Abigail down. The police are still waiting to see if Abigail wants to press charges, even though she started it. I'm still having to tend to Abigail's wounds too. And Sarah must be in so much emotional pain.
A loud scream made me nearly jump out of my bed. Abigail must be having another nightmare. She should be heading towards my room soon. In 3, 2, 1...knock knock knock. There she is.
I got up and walked over to my door, opening it. Abigail's face was covered in tears and it looked like more were coming. "Was it about Sarah again?" I asked, holding her hand. She nodded, wiping her face. Ever since that fight, Abigail has been having nightmares about Sarah hurting her.
"Abigail, now you know she didn't mean to hurt you." I said. "N-no...It was a different nightmare..." she said quietly. I nodded to let her know I was listening. "Someone...hurt Sarah...and they made me watch..." she said. I gave her a sad look.
"It was just a nightmare Abigail. Sarah isn't hurt." I sad, hugging her. "Yes she is...because of me..." Abigail said through sobs. I let out a sigh and dragged her by her arm into my room. "Sarah will forgive you...for everything. Now sit down so I can take care of those wounds." I said, walking into my bathroom. I grabbed some peroxide and my first aid kit and walked back to the bed.
Abigail had calmed down by the time I came back. "What do you mean for everything?" she asked. "For all the bullying...for that fight." I said. Abigail had a hopeful look in her eyes. "You really think so?" she asked, tilting her head.
"Mhm! Now stay still so I can change that bandage on your eye." I said, gently grabbing the bandage that covered her eye. She winced a little as I unwrapped the bloody bandage. "Shh, it's okay, it's okay." I said in a soothing tone. I poured a small amount of peroxide on the rag and lifted it towards her eye. My phone ringing made me drop the rag.
___________________________________________

That call was tiring. The police want to talk to Abigail and Sarah tomorrow. The principal also contacted a local psychiatrist and set up a meeting for them. I really hope this can help the both of them. I hope they can get along after this.
"Do I have to go?" Abigail asked, pulling the covers over her head. "Yes Abigail. The police still want to know if you want to press charges and you guys have a therapy session on Monday." I explained. Abigail looked shocked. "Therapy...session?" she asked. I nodded.
"I...don't wanna go..." she said, tears pricking the corners of her eyes. "But it'll be helpful. You and Sarah might even get along more." I said. "You don't know what going to a therapist cost me." she said, putting her head down. I looked at her in worry. "What did it cost you?" I asked in concern.
(Warning Begins Here. Feel free to scroll past this part until you get to the Warning Ends Here part.)
She looked up, giving me the most heartbreaking face. "My virginity..." she said quietly before bursting into sobs. Her therapist...raped her?! I sat there in complete shock,not knowing how to react. I did the only thing I could do...hug her.
"I'm...so sorry that happened to you." I said. She sniffed a little before responding. "Don't be...it was my fault." she said. "H-how?! It's not like you asked for that!" I exclaimed in anger. She looked away.
"I was so naive. I just wanted comfort from someone and he was the only one that would listen to me." she explained. I continued listening in silence. "But, I didn't know he would...he would..." she stopped mid sentence, putting her head in her hands. I pulled her into another hug, letting her cry on my shoulder. "I tried to beg him to stop...it hurt so much..." she said.
I felt like crying along with her. What kind of monster would do sometimes like that to a child?! Although, I had another question to ask her. "Why didn't you fight back?" I asked out of curiosity. She had a look of uncertainty on her face.
(Warning Ends Here)
"He threatened to reveal my secret." she said. She has a secret? "About what?" I asked, tilting my head. She looked hesitant to tell me. "I'm...transgender." she said, looking down.
I have her an unamused look. "So?" I asked, unfazed. "You aren't freaked out?" she asked in surprise. "Why would I be? You have a dick. So what?" I said. She gave me an apologetic look.
(I am so sorry for that sentence you just had to read)

"I'm sorry, it's just...the other kids at the foster home used to pick on me about it once I told them." she said. "Did she pick on you about it?" I asked. I could tell she knew I was talking about Sarah. "No..." she said in a guilty tone. "So why do you bully her?" I asked.
She seemed to be looking for an answer. "I dunno. Guess I was just jealous because of how many children liked her eyes." she said, shrugging her shoulders. "Wait, she didn't cover her eyes back then?" I asked in shock. "No. Everyone seemed to like them. And whenever she was happy, she was the cutest little thing." Abigail said, a small smile appearing on her face. Does she like Sarah?

Word Count: 1021