Nicki

Nicki POV

15 hours, 53 minutes and 17 seconds since I, Nicole Kerry got into my car and started driving away from my past, once again. My life has never had a nice break from pain or heartache. Maybe this new town, a new job will give me everything I've ever wanted, a new life. Driving into Hale Valley, Colorado I spotted a diner that opened 24 hours, hopefully, the food is cheap. Parking my almost broken jeep, I carefully looked all around for any signs of danger, even in a new town, my fear fills my heart and soul like a rabbit in the eye range of a fox.

Walking in the diner, I sit in the corner booth with my back away from any threat. My heart beats radically and my breath keeps getting caught in my throat, finally, I find the courage to open my eyes which have been closed since I sat in the booth and notice that the place is only full with one customer, a man in around his seventies with grey hair and a grey beard sitting up at the counter drinking what I assume is coffee. There is also the waitress who looks younger than my age of twenty around sixteen or seventeen, she walks over to me as her strawberry blonde hair flips from side to side, at full height, she looks taller than me maybe around 5"5, her eyes grows as she sees me.

"Hello! Welcome to Malcolm's Diner. How may I help you." She recites in a slightly high pitched voice.

"Em, I, I. Can I get a burger with fries please." I stupidly stutter, embarrassed by looking like a shy fool I look down at the table praying that she just takes my order and leaves. Thankfully she goes away, I let out a breath of relief. But become confused when I see her coming back and with soda in her hand. She sits across from me and hands me the soda.

Smiling she asks "So, you are obviously not from here and I wanted to introduce myself since it doesn't seem like you would know anyone around here because you are too pretty to be related to anyone in this town." All in one breath she inserts herself into my life.

With my mouth gaped open as I fail to answer and can't get past where she said I was pretty. I know she must be making fun of me since I'm ugly with my 5"2 height and greasy dirty blonde hair, not to mention I smell horrible from not being able to have a shower in days.

"Well, My name is Grace" she smiles not even noticing my complete uneasiness.

"Nicki" I reply quietly.

"So... What are you doing in Hale Valley." She pries.

"Eh, I'm looking for a job," I reply quietly.

Her eyes widen and she looks at me as if I have three heads. "Why on earth are u in this shit hole of a town looking for a job." I shrug not wanting to be rude but afraid to trust even though a part of me desperately wants a friend.

"You're a bit shy aren't you. Sorry, I've been told I talk too much, many people have exactly told me that I'm a nosey little girl who can't stay out of other people's business."

Surprised by how she didn't even feel out of breath after speaking that much I decided to try talk a little more than I'm used to and since I promised myself a new start I am going to not be a shy little coward for once.

"Is there any Tattoo Parlours around here," I question.

Her cheeks blush hot red "There is the Sons of Lucifer's Tattoo place it is on Main Street a few streets across from here."

"S Sons of Lu Lucifer ...?" I stuttered not knowing what has me so terrified by the mean sounding name I shake my head trying to put my fear away. And try think of another job I can look for as there is no way in hell I can try to be a tattooist for a Motorcycle club. I have been drawing since before I can remember when I was fourteen a nice man from my hometown notice my interest in tattoos and showed me everything on how to be a tattooist I helped him out in his shop for years but never properly tattooed anyone until I was sixteen. I can't remember a time when I was happier than in his tattoo parlor or trusting someone the way I trusted him.

"Yeah the local MC"

I give her a confused look "MC?" "Motorcycle Club" she answers. "They own a few businesses in town the Garage, The Tattoo place, they own a strip club also called 'Pussy Town', They are these really hot guys who are also very scary looking and wear..."

A ding interrupted her talking, a few seconds later she comes back with my burger and fries, I don't take even a second to absolutely devour my food as my stomach thanks me for the food that I have been denying it for a few days. Seeing how devoted I am to my food Grace leaves me be. Deciding to stay after I finished my food I took out my sketch pad and begun being lost in my own world and pencil and paper.

The door opens and in walk these two mountains of men wearing leather jackets with no sleeves, they walk into the diner with confidence as I feel the temperature drop by the intimidating look on their faces. I look over to Grace and notice how shy she now is and how red her face is as she stares at the floor.

Feeling terrified of being hurt by these biker men, I focus my attention on my drawings. I don't know how long I drew sketches immersed in my imagination. I was in my own world of happiness until I have someone clearing their throat behind me. Jumping out of my seat and my skin, I let out a frightened scream turning around I see one of the biker guys standing with his hands in the air in a way of saying 'I surrender' and his eyebrows raised.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you I just saw your sketches and wondered if you're a tattooist." He asks

"How did you know that?" my voice came out as shaking and scared. "I own a tattoo place and in my experience, those drawings are usually made for tattoos. Am I wrong?" he smirks at me.

"No. I I mean no you're not wrong I used to be a tattooist." I return. I take a closer look at the biker, he is very tall maybe 6"5, with icy blonde hair and blue, green eyes. His neck is covered in tattoos as is the rest of his body I'm guessing.

"I'm Ink." He gives me a smile "Well, you're talented, and you don't look familiar. So if you need a place for a job, come to this address." He walks away winking at me.

I leave my money on the table and run out to my jeep. Quickly getting in I try to steady my breathing as I feel a panic attack coming on. After an hour in my jeeps with my eyes closed counting up to ten repeatedly, I decided to try to find a motel to sleep tonight noticing it's already four am.

Falling on the shitty bed in the shitty mote, I think about the scary biker guy and about his tattoo place. I'm petrified to work for a scary big man like him, as men are only intimidating and can kill you in a snap of their huge fingers. But a part of my heart is begging to stop being the coward I am and to try to live my life that he took away from me for years. I close my eyes thinking about tomorrow and trying to find the courage to go into that biker's tattoo place and getting a job there.

Hi guys, so this is my first story and I really hope you like it 😉, please comment I would really appreciate it but please no haters. I will try to upload weekly. Hope you enjoy

-H.