Heavenly Honey

Sophie dug herself deeper under her blankets, though sunlight persisted in reminding her that it was time to get up. She stretched luxuriously and smiled. 

Last night had brought good memories. 

At least, Sophie assumed most of what she remembered were memories. She knew it was unreliable to believe all her dreams were memories, but she didn't want to alert anyone to the fact that she had her memories back. 

Sophie still had a sinking feeling that something wasn't right. 

Last night, she'd had a dream that she was in the same English class as Biana, and they'd spent the entire period making cartoons of the teacher. She'd also dreamed that Linh was in her art class. She recalled a faint feeling of embarrassment, though she didn't remember why. 

"Well, I guess I could ask Tam." Sophie murmured, finally getting out of bed. 

Tam. 

Tam who, in all her retrieved memories, was never as close to her as he was now. In her supposed past, Tam was a shady character in the background, forever listening, never contributing. Or maybe never included. Whatever it was, Sophie felt a surge of gratefulness for him now. She firmly believed he was the perfect friend to help her with her memories. 

The clock read 9:50. 

Tam should be up right now. I'm going to ask him about my new memories. 

Sophie completed her morning routine and headed out. 

                                                                               *  *  * 

"The embarrassment was definitely yours only. No one even knew it was a "defacing" as you called it." 

"Except you." Sophie rebutted. 

"Well, I don't tend to count myself as the general population." Tam shrugged. 

"Of course you don't." 

Sophie and Tam sat at Song's pristine dining room table, discussing her dreams. Tam had both confirmed her "memories" and explained them. Apparently, Sophie had thought her art project was supposed to be a "defacing" of a famous artist, rather than a tracing. 

"People just thought you were new to art, which you were I guess." 

"I can't believe I defaced Pablo Picasso!" 

Tam smirked. "Well, it looked better than some of his self portraits, to be honest." 

Sophie smiled. 

"Well, do you want to do something? We could stalk Linh and Wylie on their first date." Tam made a disgusted face. 

"Only you would suggest that." Sophie said. "They're dating now? I thought you said they'd never date." 

"I tried to convince Linh not to, but she stopped listening after a few hours." 

"Hours?" 

"I have a lot of issues with Wylie. He's too meticulous for a McDonald's worker."   

"Interesting." 

"So do you want to stalk them?" 

Sophie felt butterflies fluttering in her chest, but she masked her strange feelings with a careless, "Sure." At least, she hoped it sounded careless.

"Yes!" Tam got up excitedly. "I'm just going to get a few things from my room. Don't go anywhere." 

Sophie gave a thumbs up. As soon as he was gone, she shook her head.