Youngbloods Chpt. 8

It was around four o' clock and we had sat in the same diner booth for the past few hours surrounding ourselves with conversation. Catching up with each other. We had finished our lunch not long after one, but helped ourselves to multiple rounds of milkshakes until we couldn't breath. I leaned back on the red cushioning of the diner booth thinking about how realistic of a though it would be to puke because of how stuffed I was.

"I'm so full, I might actually throw up." I said with a stupid smile on my face.

"Dude, I feel the exact same." Beau said laughing, he sat up motioning for the check. The waitress brought the leather book over to our table giving us an almost disgusted look at the twelve empty milkshake glasses on the table. I burped, making her even more uncomfortable.

"Nice." Beau said, smirking. He placed a fifty dollar bill on the table and slowly scooted out of the booth. I stood up and groaned, letting out another small burp. We walked out of the diner and to the car, Beau's arm slacked around my shoulders.

"I don't ever think I'll look at a milkshake the same way ever again." I said, slumping into the passenger seat of Beau's car.

"At least you'll think of the great times we've had when you see one." He said, smiling at me. We got home within ten minutes. I helped my Uncle carry all his bags and equipment inside the house, throwing his luggage in his room and the equipment cases in the small recording studio we have. I sat on the floor pulling an electric guitar out of its case, Beau walked in and stepped over me, setting another box down under the desk.

"Since when do you play guitar?" I said, continuing to inspect the instrument.

"I don't," Beau said, resting his hands on his hips. "I bought it for you."

"Are you serious?!" I said, my head snapping in his direction.

"Yeah, Elliott and I were at guitar center and he pointed it out." He answered. "He told me that he thought you might like it, think of it as an early birthday gift."

"My birthday isn't for another six months!" I said smiling. I set the guitar back down in the case, getting up to give Beau a hug. "Thank you so much."

"No problem, you really should thank Elliott though." He said, hugging me back.

"I most definitely will." I said, closing up the case and setting it next to the wall.

...

The next morning I woke up and got ready for school. I pulled on my usual, skinny jeans, a band t-shirt and hoodie. Tying my beat up converse, I walked into the kitchen, grabbing a banana off the counter. I turned on the TV and flipped through the channels, finally settling on the news.

"Today in Syria..." The blonde news anchor blabbered on in a very monotone voice.

"How do you watch such negativity?" Beau said, walking into the kitchen in a pair of pajama pants and bunny slippers.

"How did you wake up so early?" I asked back, actually curious. "It's nearly seven."

"It's called an alarm clock, Salem. I figured you'd know what that was considering I could hear your alarm from across the house." He said sarcastically, laughing a little. "Wanna go get some donuts?"

"I have to catch my bus." I said, slinging my bookbag over my shoulder.

"Oh yeah, you go to school." He said.  "I'm gonna be all alone...You should stay home from school."

"I can't I have a test today." I replied, stepping out the door. "Love you, I'll be home at like four."

"Bye! Have a good day! and could you text me or something? I'm gonna be  all by myself." He said, Following me to the door. I laughed a little.

"Sure." With that, I shut the door and walked the all too familiar route to my bus stop. I was ambushed by Katie halfway there; turns out she only lives a few houses down.

"Hey Salem!" She said

"Hi" I said back shallowly, pretending to be occupied with my phone and putting in my ear buds.

"How is Beau?" She asked.

"He's fine." I said turning my music up a little louder.

"Yeah, I was just wondering."

"Y'know you're not going to use me to get to him." I said. There was silence for the rest of the walk to the bus stop and all the way to school. She still proceeded to sit next to me though. I met up with Danny, Ryan and Mikayla in the usual spot with the accompaniment of Katie...again. We talked about class, Mrs. Schnous; a hideous woman indeed, What we were each doing this weekend, and swapped homework answers. The usual. Eventually the bell rung and we all rushed off to class.

I was sitting in English with Danny when I got a text from Beau.

"Saleeeeeemmm I'm bored and out of doughnuts." It read. I laughed a little and replied back.

"Of course you are. Go buy more doughnuts or something."

"I should pick you up from school early, we could go to the water park or something with the band and some of the bands that were on tour with us." He replied.

"Did you already take your test?" He double texted.

"Yeah. Last period." I replied.

"I'm coming to pick you up." He wrote. I turned to Danny and grinned really big.

"Beau is coming to pick me up and take me to a water park with a bunch of other bands. You should convince your dad to let you go." I said. Danny finished gluing on some construction paper on a board and looked at me.

"Dude you have the best guardian ever." He said.

"I know right!" I smiled, " So text your Padre, c'mon he'll let you go I'm your best friend."

He handed me the project bored and texted his Dad, while I continued to decorate  our project with random objects such as googley eyes and buttons.

Beau came and picked us up by lunch. We drove to Danny's house first so he could get changed. Then drove to our house so I could get ready. I pulled on my bright blue bikini that was covered in random fruits and got a bag together of clean clothes and towels. I ran back out to the car and jumped into the front seat, plugging my phone into the auxiliary cord and blasting music from ADTR. We were on the highway for a good twenty minutes when we pulled off an exit and into the entrance of the waterpark.

"I'm so excited!" I squealed as we parked and walked inside. We walked to a pavilion that had been rented out for the bands that were on Fearless Friends tour and their families. There we ate lunch and talked to some of the other band members. Then Danny and I were off, sliding some of the most epic waterslides known to man, including a slide called "The Bomb Drop" where you slide straight down. It was my favorite. We wandered around the park for a few more hours and then headed home where Danny and I finished our project.