Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I remember the day Ace destroyed me like it was yesterday. It was hard to forget the pain I went through loving someone.

Ace and I have been seeing each other for about five months now. It was the best five months of my life.

I wasn't surprised when he wanted me to meet him at his office. Once in a while, he would have me show up at around lunchtime so we could get a quick one in. I always dressed professionally, so no one knew what went on behind those doors. I made sure I didn't show up often either. I didn't want to be talked about around the office.

Once we finished, he had a meeting that he needed to attend too. Ace told me to stay in his office, so when he was done, he could see me. So while he was gone, I cleaned myself up and made sure I looked professional again. He had his own bathroom in the office.

Twenty minutes went by, and there was a small knock on the door. When the door opened, there stood a petite brunette. She was extremely pretty. I've never seen her before. Maybe she has a meeting with Ace? Although her attire stated otherwise.

When she walked in, she noticed me sitting on the couch. "Hello, I'm looking for Ace. Is he around?" No one called Ace by his name in the office. It was always Mr. Miller. Maybe she was a relative of his? But something told me that I was wrong, way wrong, and I was about to get the shock of my life.

"No, he is in a meeting right now. I'm waiting for my meeting with him after he's finished. Are you also here for a meeting with him?"

I was curious to know who she was and how she knew Ace.

"No, I'm his fiancé. I just got back from a long trip that I was on for work." Right there, I froze he told me he was single. All this time, he was cheating, on her, with me. If I knew he wasn't single, I wouldn't have given him my time.

Does that make me a whore? Great, I'm going to hell now.

What should I do, should I tell her he cheated on her? Oh God, this is not what I need right now. I should just leave and never come back. Yea that sounds like a plan.

Right when I was about to get up to leave, the door opened up, revealing the cheater himself.

Ace Miller.

Can this day get any worse?

"Megan, you're back." Ace made no time going to her, ignoring me in the process. It was torture seeing him kiss her just an hour and a half after we did it. What did I do to deserve this?

Clearing my throat to gain their attention is when he finally noticed me standing there. When he realized it was me, his face lost all its color. Whoops, he must have forgotten I was still here.

"I'll just leave, and we can forget about our meeting. It seems the two of you haven't seen each other for a long time." I could see Ace visibly relax as I played it off. I was done with him for good, and I hope he knew that. I wasn't going to start anything. It's best to leave before I break.

"Thank you, Miss Carmichael."

Giving them a tight smile, I left the room, keeping my head held high.