Chapter 4

Oh shit. Did I really just do that?

I didn't think that I would actually hit him. I must've been really angry because I usually think that violence is not the answer.

"Bruh what's up with you man? The fuck did I do?" He really had the audacity to act all innocent after he was just talking shit about me. Boys are so hilarious.

"What do you mean what did you do? So you're out here saying that I was..." I soon realized that some people were staring and I wasn't about to give total strangers a show.

I then walked to the bathroom to make sure that if I started crying or anything then I would be able to have a good amount of tissues to wipe my tears.

After I left the bathroom, I made my way to my first period class and tried to keep my mind off of my big mouthed ex.

I should've listened to my mother.

*****
When I got home, I wasn't in the mood for anything. I just wanted to spend some time watching TV and ignoring any texts that I received from Jamari.

Twenty-three messages and thirteen facetime calls later, I decided to finally answer him.

Me- What

Maybe: AT&T- Amala please listen to me. I can explain what happpened. They're my boys so yk I had to exaggerate what rlly happened. Please forgive me baby. It's not gonna happen again girl. I love you and yk that.

Me- Jamari

Maybe:AT&T- Yes baby?

Me- I can't forgive you. You did a rlly terrible thing and I thought I could trust you.

Maybe: AT&T- Amala Taleah Moreno I will make this up to you. Look my parents ain't home so I can make you dinner and we can talk about this. Please baby.

Me- Ok I'll come over at 7.

Maybe: AT&T- Aight. See u baby.

I shut my phone off and grabbed the box from my bookbag.

After school, I went to a local pharmacy and bought a pregnancy test. I wasn't nervous or anything, but it never hurt to make sure.

I hid the box in my closet where no one would be able to notice it. If my mom found it I would need to come up with a really good lie.

I spent a couple of hours doing my homework and by the time I was done it was already 6:00.

When I was done with my shower, I slicked my hair done which took about twenty minutes and then I got dressed. I may dislike the dude at the moment but that doesn't mean I can't look cute.

I finished getting ready and I headed to Jamari's house. My parents were at a relative's house so I didn't have to explain to them where I was going.

When I got to his house, he was already standing at the front door. He had a stupid smile of his face as he held his arms out for a hug, so I shook his hand.

He awkwardly moved his hands and followed me inside the house.

"So what do you wanna talk about?" I wasn't in the mood for his games.

"Damn mamas. Can we at least eat first?" I was really about to tell him that I wasn't hungry at all but my stomach snitched on me so I just sat at the dining room table and waited for him to talk.

"Amala, I'm really sorry. I was just so happy that you trusted me with your body like that and I just got too excited. What I told them wasn't even true. I love you too much to talk trash about you Amala. I swear I do."