Reveal

Author's Note: To those cringing at this terrible one-shot, I'm sorry. I wrote this when I was about 12 (I'll be 17 in November), and just needed to write something. I promise these do get better with time, but I have left these up as a testament to time that you can become a better and less cringy writer. Hopefully, you'll agree that growth does happen in the writing I give to you. If you hate this, I'm sorry. Low key only keeping this up here for me to see how far I have come. And yes, I am well aware that Nova is extremely off character in this one-shot but it's FANFICTION. It's not Marissa Meyer's work that I'm posting, it's me, admiring a fictional couple from a random house typing on Wattpad. Anyone who has done anything on this app has seen much cringier spelling, grammar, and storylines in so many crooks of this platform, it's mind-boggling. I know I am most certainly not the best at writing, but I am just grateful I did not post something unreadable.  So please, cut me a little slack, that's all I ask. Thank you for your patience and I apologize in advance for all cringy fangirl writing. 

Nova watched in horror as The Sentinel slowly took off his suit to reveal.."Adrian?" Suddenly it all made sense to Nova. His mysterious disappearances during missions, why the Sentinel was worried for her safety. It was him, one of the few people Nova cared for. Being punched in the gut by Gargoyle would probably have felt softer. Why did it have to be Adrian?

"Hey Nova. I didn't think you would find out this way." Nova blew up.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? Instead of consulting me, you decide to be a colossal idiot! Do you realize you could have died and I wouldn't know because you were too scared of what I would think? I wouldn't know, and the rest of the team wouldn't know either!! You didn't even have the guts to tell me!! I was following you because I was going to arrest you. You're a wanted vigilante!!! What is wrong with you?"

Although Nova had reacted a little harshly, Adrian kept his composure but looked surprised by her speech."Did you think I didn't plan on telling you? I was trying to figure it out!! Besides, Ruby and Oscar already knew. I'M NOT AN IDIOT!! If I had died, you would HAVE KNOWN!!"

Nova seemed to shrink after Adrian's frustrated cries. She whispered to him gently, "I'm sorry. I just can't bear the thought of losing you. I love you and I can't bear the thought of losing another person I love. After my family dying, I don't know how much more I can handle." Tears started falling from Nova's somber blue eyes.

Adrian immediately softened at her words. "I won't leave you like that, I promise. Don't underestimate me." He leaned closer to Nova and gently wiped her tears away with the back of his hand. He pulled to her, almost like she was made of glass and kissed her. It was barely a whisper of a kiss.

He was so careful with her. Nova kissed him a little harder until they were liplocked, only finally stopping for a second to take a breath. And that was how it stayed. They kissed until the sun rose, never tiring of the sparks that flew between them.