Chapter 3

"Dear Nancy,
You don't need to work today at my place, take a day off. I'll see you there on Thursday as always.
L. Smith"

   The girl puts away her phone on the nightstand and goes to the bathroom eventually. It is her first time ever to get a day off, especially from Mr. Smith who has such invariable schedule and needs to have everything well planned.
"A freaking day off. What am I supposed to do now, just sit here and do nothing?" she thinks to herself while washing her face and soon after brushing her brown curly hair. As she goes back to her bedroom and begins changing her clothes she starts to wonder what should she do today.
"Maybe I could at least find myself some extra work in here." her inner voice speaks up as she exits her room and heads downstairs but as soon as she takes a look at the whole place Nancy realizes that there is nothing else to do, to her disappointment. She rests both her hands on her hips while gently biting her lower lip, thinking of what could be done to satisfy her active nature. After a few seconds she already wanders around the living room, then the kitchen, eventually ending up in an entrance hall where she stops. A black elegant wristwatch catches her eyesight, the same watch Mr. Reeves was wearing the other day.
"Is he still at home?"
Since no single sound was heard yet she assumes the man is still asleep. She goes back to the kitchen and that is when her stomach rumbles loudly, alarming it is time to eat breakfast. She automatically opens up the fridge and then realizes that none of the things inside it belongs to her.
"I do live here right now but I should provide food for myself." she thinks to herself and a few minutes later she leaves the house with just a maroon corduroy backpack in her hand. The girl makes sure at least three times the door is closed properly and then starts her morning walk in search of the nearest grocery store.
She does not know the neighborhood yet and feels the shadow of excitement following her skinny figure. Her fair complexion almost shimmers in the sun, with bright freckles shining on her pug nose as well as underneath her grass-green eyes, thick hair bouncing on her slim shoulders as she gains a quick pace while walking. The positive energy flowing from her body makes the girl look stunning. She passes by numerous houses and people until she finally gets to a small shop and finds all the ingredients she needs to buy. Her plastic basket gets filled with many different dairy products and after paying at the checkout they land in her backpack and in less than ten minutes she is ready to come back home. Nancy is still not used to the whole new situation she just got herself into although the girl feels a ray of happiness at the thought of living with Mr. Reeves who seems to spread the aura of kindness around himself. She could really use some company at this time since she has been extremely busy because of living on her own, which actually meant being lonely.
After Moore is back it is almost 9 AM so she goes to the kitchen in order to make breakfast. She decides to prepare a meal also for the man in gratitude for the yesterday's supper and seeing the room in an intact condition she assumes he is still in his room, either sleeping or working. Nancy takes a small pan out of a cabinet and begins making scrumbled eggs, intense fragrance of freshly fried bacon hits her nostrils right away. Before being done, the girl can hear footsteps coming from the stairs and the next thing she notices is a shape of a man in the corner of her eyesight.
"Good morning, si-" she starts but corrects herself in an instant, "I mean, Keanu."
"Good morning, Nancy." the man replies and studies her bright face, she looks rested while cooking so cheerfully, "Did you sleep well?" he asks and takes a sit by the table, observing the young girl.
"I've never slept so well, to be honest." she says joyfully and lets out a soft laugh which makes the actor follow, "Nice timing by the way, I just made breakfast." Moore serves beautifully smelling meal on white plates and puts one of them on the table right in front of the man who gives her a slightly confused look.
"I wasn't expecting to be greeted with such lovely breakfast." he speaks eventually and lets his lips form a light smile which makes the girl blush slightly in embarrassment.
"It is my 'thank you' for yesterday's supper." she says quickly and soon joins him by the table.
"I could get served like that every day." he chuckles before taking the first bite of his dish, "I'm just joking around but I really appreciate this. Thank you."
"I'll see what I can do." Nancy replies with a grin on her face and grabs a fork to start breakfast. She does not expect Keanu to make any conversation while having a meal and yet the man is willing to have a chat with her. She gets to know that he is working on a action movie which is called John Wick and it is going to be already the third part of the saga. He is more than happy about it, the way he gesticulates while telling the whole plot, talking about his judo and jiu jitsu trainings for the needs of the movie, all of that makes the girl listen without a single move on her seat, she just absorbs his excitement, asking him about the details from time to time. They do not even realize it is already 9:40 AM and the man may be slightly late for his today's photoshoot. Reeves is spending his time with Nancy so delightedly that in the end he is forced to leave home in a huge rush and have his fingers crossed for making his arrival in time. He fixes his long dark hair hurriedly with his big palm and thanks the girl for the breakfast once again and a few seconds later she is left home alone, having nothing to do but cleaning up the dishes. But a cheerful smile does not leave her lips even after being done with washing. She is so glad to live with someone like Mr. Reeves who is so vivid despite his age and he is even more than twice her age. Although she does not care about that, she knows that age is only a number and has nothing to do with people's personalities and Keanu's soul seems to be a lot younger than his body.
She leaves the kitchen without any ideas what could she do next until something catches her attention. Something important laying on the shelf which should not be here right now.
He left his mobile phone.

Nancy stays still not being sure what should she do at the very moment. She has no options to contact him and the man probably will need his phone at work. She tries to find a way to somehow solve the problem but the only way seems to be just go there and hand it to him. Since the girl has no idea where his workplace is, she decides to call Mr. Smith for help and he answers the phone almost immediately.
"Yes, Nancy?" his loud voice echoes on the speaker.
"Good morning, sir. Sorry to disturb you but I have a little trouble here. You see, Mr. Reeves left home in a rush today and he forgot to take his cellphone with him. Could you please tell me where I can find him to deliver his phone?" she speaks in just one breath and hears a sigh on the other side of the call.
"Oh, what a forgetful man. Did he mention what is he doing today? I don't know his schedule actually."
"Yes, sir. Mr. Reeves said it is a photoshoot today." she replies and feels relieved after hearing his answer.
"Okay, I know where he is. I will send you the address via text message. Are you sure you can get there?"
"Yes, sir. Thank you so much for your help." with that she rings off and a few moments later her phone vibrates with a message. After reading the address and setting down the best way there she takes a black cellphone with her and leaves the house. She decides to take a bus which probably will take her around an hour to get there but she has no other choice.
The sun hangs in the blue sky without a single cloud which makes the weather uncomfortably hot. No wind is blowing but it does not discourage kids to play outside their houses. Nancy smiles softly as she observes such carefree scenes from behind the bus window, being just a little bit jealous of the children's freedom as much as being happy for them.
She reaches her final stop after two bus changes and goes straight to the huge studio which is visible even from a long distance. She takes a walk by the rest of the road and after ten minutes she is standing in front of the glass door of expensive looking building and she becomes slightly anxious about getting inside wearing jeans and a green shirt with short sleeves, clenching a corduroy belt of her backpack in her skinny palm.
"Well, sink or swim." she thinks to herself then takes a step forward and the door becomes opened for her.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
My Dears,
We are celebrating Christmas Eve today and I would like to wish you all the best, stay warm and healthy, may all your worries go away and your wishes come true because they do eventually. Thank you for every second spent with this fanfiction, for every read and every star left here. It means a world to me. Have a marvelous evening, tasty dishes and lovely atmosphere with your closest ones.