1|6

***

I remember how I used to jump into his arms every time he came back home from work. I remember when he asked me to be his wife. I remember when he met my parents. I remember that every time I came home late from work, he would be on our couch waiting for me with cookies and warm milk. I remember how much he wanted a child. I remember him talking me through being a parent. I remember how I said yes, only because I loved him too much.

***

I remember when we moved into this house like it was yesterday.

Everything reminded me of him. He loved this place, but I hated it, especially since I was left alone in here.

"It's so empty without him." He said, looking around. Loving this house as much as my husband did, he used to spend time with us. He wasn't always kind to me, but he never lied to me and that saved my ass from time to time.

"I miss him." I could see him trying not to cry his heart out only because I didn't. Getting closer to him and wrapping my arms around his waist, I felt his whole body relax.

"Me too, Harmon. Me too." We sat like that for a while, with arms wrapped around each other and I could tell that he was crying. His forehead was on my shoulder and he was too ashamed to make a sound.

After a while, he let go of me and went inside Christian's room, throwing things around. Glasses, framed photos, even the piano. Watching him throwing a tantrum, I had to force myself to let him be. There was no reason for saving something that was already taken away from me.

***

"How do I get to feel the bond?" I asked out of nowhere.

"Not only that you felt it, but you accepted it already." Maude chuckled. Not understanding exactly what she meant, I tried to ask more questions, but she ignored me. Leading me to Armand's office, I could see her body better. The way she walked in the palace like she owned it pissed me off a little for an unknown reason.

When we arrived in front of my mate's office, she let me open the doors. Not seeing Armand inside, I raised my eyebrow at her.

"He said you should wait from him there." She shrugged, leaving me there.

***

"You're drinking too much, love." He was at the door, frowning. Maybe he didn't like that I was sitting on his chair with my legs crossed on his desk. Who would? Maybe I angered the King? I was such a lucky woman.

He looked amazing in his suit pants and his two buttons opened white shirt. Seeing his muscles flex while he came closer to me, I couldn't keep my eyes away from his body. With his hand in his pocket, he casually took a cigarette and lit it.

"How much of that whiskey did you have?" Should I say half a bottle even if it was more? Should I admit that I have a lot of alcohol issues lately?

"I can't remember. How was your day?" Trying to change the subject, maybe a little bit too obvious, I shifted my legs up from his desk and stood up.

"It was good." Taking a glass and pouring some whiskey, Armand sat on his couch, making a sign for me to do the same. Without thinking too much, my body listened to his unspoken command and I took a seat as far from him as possible. Still, his smell invaded my nose and I couldn't help but close my eyes in delight. A few seconds later, he was again, inside my head. Holding his laugh, he got a little closer to me.

"I'll be gone for a while with Axton, the Beta. I mind linked everyone to listen to your orders and I made sure that you'll have someone with you all the time. Have you seen the news?"