the secret

{3rd Person POV}
.
The floor was stained red.

The air reaked of blood.

Angel eyes flickered open after an hour of being passed out, in a pool of his own blood on the concrete floor at the entrance of the house, he held his head as the voice of his dad still rung in his ear.

"Thats what you get for coming back so late you no good little shit!!"

He looked around at his surroundings, it was dead night, it was silent in the house and the only light entering was that through the windows of the house, a big painful sigh escaping from his lips.

"I.... need to get out...." Angel mumbled as he dragged himself towards the door, he wasn't going to let himself stay in this house tonight.

He got up onto his feet and stumbled towards the front door, his feet wobbling as he turned the door knob. He opened the door quiet enough so that no one would notice him, and stepped back out into the cold world, even though he was just out there an hour or so ago.

"Alastor..." he said under his breath as he stumbled down the stairs of his house, his face battered with bruises and blood which was slightly staining his clothes.

Angel knew his knew colleague would help him.. he was so kind and gentlemanly.

The midnight street of New Orleans chimed with the sound of cicadas and distant club music. Angel adjusted his hat and threw on his coat and walked away from the retched house he hailed from.

{Alastors POV}
.
The night was growing late for some, but for I it was only just beginning.

I chuckle and light my pipe, admiring the jambalaya I had made earlier that evening.

"Ah that jambalaya was one of the best I have put together" I say to myself, I was truely proud of my creation.

And that my colleague Angel also enjoyed the meal.

"Haha"

I sit in my chair and smoke my pipe, the grandfather clock now chiming midnight.

"Goodness me, I better finish what I was doing in the basement..."

I get myself up from my chair, preparing to venture to my basement to get to work, washing and sharpening my tools.

Knock
Knock

"Oh? Someone's here, who might be here at such a late hour of the night??"

Instead of heading towards my basement, I now head towards my door, extremely baffled at who could possibly be at my door at this ungodly hour.

"Hello~? And who can I owe the pleasure-" I chime in attempts to welcome my late arriving guest but am confused at what I see.

"Angel?"

{3rd person POV}
.
"Alastor?" Angel chimes, standing in the night shadows.

Alastor takes a puff out of his pipe and smiles, wondering what on earth his colleague is doing here at this hour of the night.