Chapter 3

When Plagg was satisfied with the cheese stash he kept in Adrien's bag, the little Kwami turned around ready to whiz over to his charge and head to school, but was met with the sight of his kid sitting at the edge of his bed and looking at something in his hands.

Plagg sighed and floated over. "Are you looking at that damned ring again?"

Adrien flinched but didn't move, "I'm really doing this Plagg." His voice was hoarse and it was as if someone had stolen his breath away. That someone was probably Marinette.

Plagg simply rolled his eyes at Adrien's dramatics, "I thought we were over this yesterday."

"I thought so too. I'm scared Plagg."

"I told you the promise ring's a bit much."

Adrien shook his head, "Not that. Just the- the whole idea of it. Of this. We've been going out for a month Plagg. What if- what if this is too fast for her? What if I'm rushing things? Should I wait? What if- "

"Oh please." The pure snark in the Kwami's tone had Adrien looking up in time to Plagg coming to hover in front of him, his green eyes full of a strictness he'd never seen before, "That girl is head over heels in love with you, even I can see it and I'm usually napping in your pocket! If anything, you're not doing this soon enough. You've already been on four dates with her, what more do you want?"

"I- "

"Oh nuh-uh." Plagg shook his head and crossed his arms, "Let the Kwami speak. As cheesy as this sounds, both of you deserve to be happy, kid, and both of you have already danced around each other for long enough."

Adrien sighed and looked back down at the ring he held in his hand. It wasn't anything extravagant, nor was the tiny heart shaped gem real. If it had been, Adrien knew with certainty that Marinette would never accept it. For one reason or another, she hated being spoilt, as fun as it was for Adrien. Too many times he had been unwillingly paid back and right now, he really couldn't have her saying no.

"Maybe I am worrying about this too much."

Plagg threw his tiny hands up in exasperation, "Finally!" The tiny god whizzed into the shelter of his breast pocket and nudged him softly, "Come on kid, you'll end up being late for school."

Adrien stood up and grabbed his satchel, "May lady luck be by my side."

Plagg snorted. If only Adrien knew...

Adrien was already seated when Marinette walked into the classroom. This was one of those rare days when Marinette was on time. That being said, Adrien hadn't expected her to arrive this early, he thought he'd have more time to prepare but clearly, that wasn't so.

"H-hey Marinette." God, when was the last time he stuttered around her? He thought it had ended after their third date.

She gave him her sweetest smile, the effects of which were clear in the way his heart beat extra loud in response. "Good morning Adrien."

'WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO BE SO PRETTY?!'

Adrien shrunk on himself a little and mumbled, "Good morning Marinette." To his relief, she hadn't heard him, but Nino had. The DJ was busy stifling his laughter into a fisted hand and Alya was shooting him weird looks.

Adrien didn't dare turn around to start conversation, lest he be blinded by that angelic smile again, but then Nino and Plagg nudged him at the same time and he sighed. He had to get this over with at some point.

"Hey Marinette?"

She continued rummaging through her bag and gave him a non-committal hum. The fact that she hadn't met his eyes yet gave him some form of relief, because he couldn't trust himself to word properly if he had those beautiful bluebell eyes on him.