20 - Meeting mum

"Would you believe it?"
Adore you - Harry Styles (Fine Line)

November 17th

I was woken up by a phone call. I pushed away the arm that was wrapped around my waist, gently of course, and got up slowly before grabbing my phone and leaving the room.

"Hello?" I answered, glancing at the time to see that it was almost 10am. I shrugged, it was about time I got up anyway.

"Hello sweetie! How are you?" My mum's voice chirped on the other side of the phone.

"Hi mum! I'm good, how are you?" I asked, preparing some coffee for Tom and I - since he had spent the night at my place after we had spent the night playing video games together (we also had kissed a lot).

"I'm very good! I wanted to know if you were free to have lunch with Frank and I?" She asked me.

"Yeah of course. Do you mind if I bring a friend?" I wondered, thinking about bringing Tom to meet my mum.

"Oh! Is it that boy, um what's his name again? Tom?" She asked, sounding quite happy about it.

"Yeah, did Lydia tell you about him?"

"She did! I can't wait to meet him!" She exclaimed and now I could definitely tell she was happy.

"Alright mum, am I meeting you at your house?" We settled down the details and hung up.

I went back to my bedroom and slid back in my place in the bed. I cuddled up to Tom's chest and wrapped my arms around his waist. He hummed, slowly waking up.

"G'morning." He mumbled against my hair.

"Hi," I left a soft kiss on his chest and he pulled me even closer to him.

"I definitely could get used to this." Tom said, grinning. I nodded at him, smiling as well. I totally agreed with him, being with him felt right.

I told him about going to my mum's and he agreed, telling me that he wanted to take me out tomorrow on a non-official date (since we were not labeling ourselves). I agreed to the plan and then we decided to stay a little while longer cuddled up in bed, talking.

When we finally got up, we each drank a cup of coffee and then took turns showering. After I had showered, I dried myself and brushed my hair in the bathroom as he went in the shower. Then I went to my bedroom to put on make up and get dressed. He came back to my room in a towel, his toned chest and soft skin practically shining. I smiled at the sight as he approached me.

"I like it better when you're this happy." Tom told me, looking at me through the mirror which made me think about the last time we had been in this exact position. And I think he thought the same.

"So do I." I answered, he gently grabbed my chin with two fingers and turned my head slightly so he'd be able to connect our lips together. His tongue licked my bottom lip so I let him deepen the kiss and obviously kissed him back as passionately as I could.

He pulled away not so long after, smiling as he turned away towards the bag he had packed to spend the night here. I smiled, looking at him through the mirror. Respecting his privacy, I concentrated back on my makeup as he got dressed and then threw himself on my bed, just observing me.

I finished up my makeup and then told him I was ready to go. We went straight to my car and drove to my mum's house. We listened to music the whole way there, singing and dancing our hearts out. Once we arrived, I shut down the car and got out with Tom following me. I grabbed his hand as we made our way up the stairs to the front door. I knocked on the door and we waited for my mum or her boyfriend to answer it.

"What do I call your mum?" Tom asked me, quickly.

"Call her Mrs. Thompson, then she'll tell you to call her Karen and you'll be fine." I smiled at him, finding it very cute that he had actually thought about it. He nodded, shifting on his feet. I could tell he was a little nervous so I squeezed his hand and gave him a quick kiss on the lips while mentally cursing my mum for taking so long to answer her damn door.

As I thought that, the door opened. "Hello you two! Come on in!" She exclaimed happily, opening the door a little more so we'd be able to come in. She hugged me tightly as I let go of Tom's hand, and then told me how happy she was to see me. Then she turned to Tom and her smile grew even wider.

"Now you Tom, I have heard wonderful things about you from my oldest daughter!" She gushed, emphasizing on the fact that it was Lydia that had talked about him.

"Well that's great to hear Mrs Thompson, it is very nice to meet you." Tom politely said, hugging her back.

"Oh! Call me Karen my love! I'm not that old!" She laughed, pulling away from Tom and winking at me. We followed her to the dining room, where her boyfriend was waiting for us in front of the already served food. He got up to greet us/ introduce himself to Tom.

We all sat down at the table and my mum asked multiple question about Tom's career and life. It made me very happy because she was genuinely excited to hear about his stories and I could tell she liked him. In between two questions, Tom glanced at me and shot me a smile as he grabbed my hand under the table.

Frank asked me question about how I was doing and stuff, trying not to meddle in my mum's conversation with Tom. We discussed all through diner, happily exchanging and joking. As soon as my mum turned to me, I could tell I was not going to like what she was going to say.

"Have you heard from Oliver lately?"

"No, haven't since the break up." I bit my lip, trying to avoid eye contact with her.

"That's not what Elle said. She said he had been by your place." She responded gently to show me she didn't want to make me feel interrogated but she was worried about me.

"Yeah, he gave me back a birthday card I had forgotten at his place. It meant a lot to me." I repeated the lie I had told Elle last month.

"That's bullshit, sweetie. You hate birthday cards." She called me out on my lie. I glanced at Tom quickly, seeing him furrowing his eyebrows as he was probably confused.

"Let it go mum, please. I haven't seen him." I told her again and she sighed, not saying anything else.

"We had an announcement to make and that's actually why I called you up here." My mum began, looking at Frank.

"We're getting married." Frank finished, holding up my mum's left hand so I could see her engagement ring.

"Oh, my god! Congratulations!" I exclaimed, getting up to hug them. "Have you told Lydia yet?"

"We will later today, don't tell her anything yet." My mum said as Tom hugged her as well to congratulate her and Frank.

"Alright, and when's the wedding?" I asked as we all sat back down.

"In a month or so. I will call you in a few days for all the details we're almost done with planning."  My mum informed me and then shared with me multiple details about the wedding that she had already planned. I could tell she was very excited about this so I was happy for her. She deserved to be happy after my father left her.

I looked at Tom, who was currently discussing wedding stuff with my mum, and smiled to myself. I was so glad I got to know him. He truly is an amazing person and never had I been with a guy who was so interested in my family. My mum practically gushed at everything Tom said or asked, obviously excited for the wedding, as Frank observed her with admiration.

We spent the next few hours talking and cleaning up the kitchen with my parents. Tom and I shooting glances at each other and when my parents weren't looking, we shared silent kisses.

It was a very good day, that definitely did not prepare for what the end of the month would bring me.

___________
I love them so much and I barely write them talking wth am i doing lmao