27. Cara

Alex is asleep after I gave her another ten minutes of hell. I applied those shitty cream she hates on both of her thigh and her arm by force.

Sarah told me that Alex was still losing her sleep due to her pain on her thigh so I gotta use the cream to reduce it, hoping she will be sleeping nice during the night.

Now I'm looking at her sleeping from her bedroom door, my heart sinks. She's still sweating heavily though the temperature in her room is cold as fuck. Her face is just so calm, looking so exhausted that she needed rest after the pain she has gone through.

I close the door and walk away to the living room, probably gonna crash on the couch for tonight. Alex's room is just so fucking cold for me to sleep in.

"She's sleeping already?" Sarah asks as soon as I appear to her sight.

I nod and sit across her.

Sarah came by to our loft an hour ago, just to check on Alex's conditions.

"You must be so worried," I say, looking a little bit sympathetic. I know she is worried because she loves Alex. She wouldn't have come here if she didn't. She would have just called.

"I am..." she says, quietly.

And knowing she has been fucking Alex back at their cabin... I know exactly those feelings.

"You love her, don't you Sarah?" I ask, trying to make it sound casual.

"What makes you to say that?"

I smile and look at my feet. "Because it is obvious."

I offer her a drink, pouring her more orange juice from the fridge I placed on the table earlier.

Slowly I hand her the glass of the juice and I sit comfortably next to her.

Sarah nods and she licks her lips, after taking a sip. "Yes, I do Cara."

I look at her, just nodding my head. She doesn't have to tell because I already know.

"You haven't told anyone about what we did, right?" she blushes.

I scoff right away. "No, of course not. Why would I?" I lean forward, grabbing a candy from a jar. "You don't have to fucking worry, Mrs. Walker. I don't share stories with people."

She nods again. "Well..." Her fingers tapping on her drink. "I just want you to know that I care a lot about Alex."

"Mm," I nod again. "May I ask?" She smiles. "Are you not scared of what you're doing? I mean, you're the fucking HR Director and you're having an affair with Alex? Aren't you worried about rumors?"

She laughs. She takes another sip on her drink and looks at me. "I am scared," she says, clean."But most of the time I can't help myself, you know. She's hard to resist. If only I wasn't married, I would have gotten Alex to be my wife."

Sarah and share some giggles then I clear my throat. "You're aware that she's that bad girl, right? Trust me keeping her in your heart is just a huge mistake."

"Yeah?"

"Mhmm," I wink at her. "It's better to just keep your relationship with her as friends. Try don't get too attached."

"Why is that?" Sarah tilts her head, furrowing her brows.

"Well," I swallow. "I don't know why but Alex keeps saying that. She also mentioned she can't be in any serious relationships right now. You know her, right? I'm sure she has told you all of that."