Mistletoe Kiss (Loki x reader)

Requested by ​ - No.'s 1 and 19 of my Christmas prompts.

Loki x reader (implied smut, but mostly fluff)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christmastime in New York was beautiful. Every year the city was decked out - from the gigantic tree in Rockefeller Center to lights on every shop to the large ornaments on Sixth Avenue. You stood at one of the huge glass windows in the Avengers' Tower, watching the snow fall. It drifted lazily to the ground below. You smiled at the scene. No one was out this late at night - the world was at peace.

Stifling a yawn, you drank the last of your hot chocolate and made your way to the kitchen. You washed your cup, turned out the lights, and headed to bed. You got into the elevator and slumped against the back wall. Tilting your head against the smooth, cool metal of the car, your gaze drifted upwards, landing on a small green object. You rolled your eyes and chuckled. Mistletoe.

That little plant had been popping up everywhere the past few weeks - doorways, hallways, rooms. No one was able to resist a chance to kiss their significant other or their crush, every couple would stop. Some would give sweet pecks while others would just go for it. You blushed, remembering Tony and Pepper getting caught under a sprig. Well, you didn't actually want to recount the story to anyone. You were in the wrong place at the wrong time and left the room as quickly as you could.

Nobody knew who kept hanging up mistletoe or where it even came from, but you had your suspicions. Only one person could be behind it - a certain god who loved to play tricks and create chaos whenever he could. Nowadays though, the tricks were harmless. He had reformed his ways and became an official, trusted member of the Avengers. You gathered from seeing him lurking about, that he was the culprit. A few times when you were by yourself and you came upon some mistletoe, the prince would appear and slowly make his way over. You knew exactly what he was trying to do, so you'd give a salacious wink and bite your lip. Just before he would reach you, you would take off in the other direction and leave him in the dust.

"Oh, Loki" you sighed getting into bed with a chuckle.

Yes, love? Thinking about me again, eh?

Why ever would I do that? You sassed. Get out of my head, it's too late...I'll see you in the morning.

Fine, good night, Little One.

You turned on your side and began to fiddle with your necklace. The metal was smooth against your fingers. You thought back to the Christmas you received it.

*Flashback*

You and Loki had been dating for a while but had never put a label on your relationship. You two had never kissed or used the word love but knew that you cared deeply for each other. You wanted him to make the first move, to be comfortable enough to express his feelings. On Christmas day the year before, the team gathered in the living room to open presents. You watched everyone exchanging gifts and received a few yourself. Loki rejoined you on the couch, this time with a small wrapped package.

"Happy Christmas, darling" he smiled. "I know we said no gifts, but I want you to have this."

You opened the box and found a small necklace inside. It was a miniature of Loki's helmet. You smiled and looked back at him. "Thank you, it's beautiful."

Loki's eyes twinkled, but he looked a little nervous. "I want everyone to see that you are mine. T-that you are my girlfriend" he faltered.

Your eyes widened. "Really? Y-you want me to be your girlfriend?"

"Only if you want to be. I know we haven't talked about it, but I love you and I want to take our relationship to the next level," Loki explained.