Chapter 1: Journey to Ryloth

The clone Starfleet is under siege!

Dozens of Republic warships have been destroyed in merciless attacks that leave no survivors.

Rumors spread of a terrible new Separatist weapon.

In the face of growing fear, the Jedi Council sends Master Plo Koon to hunt down the menace before it strikes again.

~~~

Three Republic Cruisers are heading toward a single Separatist ship, The Malevolence, this ship is the secret weapon the Republic has been looking for.

Master Plo Koon stands on the Bridge of his Flagship, The Triumphant. Standing there he notices a clone officer walking towards him.

"The enemy ship has reduced its speed, General," The clone officer stated.

"They must have realized we are tracking them," Master Plo Koon says while still looking at the Separatist ship, "Slow down, see if they notice."

"Right away, sir," the Clone Officer ordered his men to reduce the thrusters to 35%. As the ship slowed, Plo Koon walked toward the holo-table in the middle of the room. There he was greeted by Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and his Padawan, Ahsoka Tano.

"Hello little 'Soka," Master Plo Koon greeted Ahsoka in Togruti.

"Greetings Master Plo," Ahsoka promptly replied, also in Togruti.

"What is the purpose of this transmission?" quarreled Skywalker.

"I believe that we have found the location of our great nuisance, and It may have noticed we're here," answered Master Plo Koon, "I would greatly appreciate some assistance, as attacking what has destroyed so many of our ships alone would be unwise."

"What is your location?" requested Anakin.

"We tracked down the Separatist weapon to the Abregado System," Plo Koon swiftly replied, "The travel shouldn't take too long."

"We will g..." Anakin was cut off. The hologram spasmed for a moment and then completely disappeared. The Clone Officer tried to regain their signal but ultimately failed.

"Officer, for what reason has the communicator ceased its function?" Plo Koon requested of the officer, giving him a questioning tilt of the head.

"The systems are being jammed, sir," The Officer stuttered, "it seems the Separatists have scrambled our transmissions, nothing gets in or out sir." Plo Koon rubs his chin in thought.

"Then there is no reason to slow our assault," Plo Koon commands, "Set thrust to 100%, and redirect all energy to shields at the front." Plo Koon stops for a moment, "make sure to send a few pods ahead of us as a distraction."

"Sir, yes, sir!" The clone said while saluting, "Eject three escape pods facing towards the enemy ship!" The clones assumed battle stations while a small group can be seen sprinting down the halls to release the pods.

"What exactly are they planning to do with those pods?" Grievous demanded, "They can't possibly expect us to be afraid of those."

"Answers will not always present themselves immediately, General," Dooku responded, "But the rest of their fleet will make a perfect test for the capabilities of this ship. You may fire when ready."

"Yes my lord," Grievous answered, ordering the droids at his command to fire upon the enemy ship's drawing nearer.

"Roger roger," the droid reacted. After pressing a couple of buttons the weapon charged up its Ion field, ready to fire at any given moment.