The Farris Wheel

"This is going to be so much fun!" Kyle cheered as the four boys made their way through the crowded hallway of their school. Children lined everyone wall, digging in their lockers and heading to leave. It was Friday, the best day of all.

And they had plans.

Today the South Park annual fair would come to town. Every year they made sure not to miss it. The day in South Park that everything didn't seem to turn to shit was the day that the fair came around. Well, usually things didn't turn to shit at least.

"I just hope it doesn't end up like last year" Stan sighed as he shifted his heavy backpack on his shoulders to a more comfortable position.

Last year was an awful year. Fourteen kids puked pink and blue all over the Ferris wheel, presumably turned an odd colour from the cotton candy that was always advertised and sold on fair grounds. It must have been tainted, the Ferris wheel is the least terrifying of all the rides there! Not that the tilt-a-whirl was frightening or anything, but at least someone could understand throwing up on that. But the Ferris wheel?

"My brain is still scarred," Cartman shivered at the thought of children covered in pink and blue goop as they cried out for help.

"Still disappointed we didn't get to ride the Ferris wheel before it was... You know..." Kyle spoke, disgusted yet disappointed.

"Psh, please. Are you seriously disappointed in not riding some sissy ride?" Cartman scoffed at the Jew.

"'Sissy'? If I recall correctly you didn't seem to thrilled when we said we wanted to go on it," Kenny smirked. Cartman glared at the boy in the orange parka.

"Because it's boring! Shut the fuck up, Kenny!" Cartman scolded. Kenny laughed, which only made Eric more pissed.

They had been in line for the Ferris wheel when the puking happened. There was no way they would have gotten on it after it was painted in vomit, no matter how "pretty" the pastel blue and pink may have looked. It was not pretty, it was a nightmare.

Cartman was glad that he didn't have to ride the Ferris wheel

"What? You scared of a little ol' Ferris wheel?" Kenny taunted, causing Kyle to snicker.

"Shut your face, poor boy!" Cartman elbowed Kenny, which only made him laugh more.

Cartman wasn't afraid of a silly sissy ride, he just didn't like them. That's all.

Stan spoke up, "so what time are we meeting?"

"4:00?" Kyle suggested, "or maybe a little after?" After some chatter, everyone collectively agreed that 4:00 would work best for them.

During the bus ride home, everyone talked nonstop about the rides and junk food they were planning to spend their money on.

Typically they would get corn dogs or other foods to start off with so they wouldn't get hungry throughout the night. Next they would go for the rides, that's what they all looked forward to the most after all! Thirdly they would grab junk food- cotton candy, funnel cake, etc. Lastly they would finish off by playing at some of the impossible to beat prize booths.

None of them actually kept their stuffed prizes from them however. Anytime Stan would win, he would give the stuffed animal to Wendy. Though how she would react always depended on their current relationship status. Kenny would usually give his prizes to Karen, which she seemed to greatly appreciate. Kyle never really shared what he did with his, but everyone assumes he just gives them to Ike. Cartman however would usually just give his prizes to someone else in their group, claiming that he doesn't need toys and has no one else to give them too.