LVII- the phase

"You won again!" Danny applauded (Y/n) gleefully.

"Yay." She said unenthusiastically, taking the last of Lawrence's money.

"Let's set it up again and see if one of us can win this time." Carlsile suggested.

"No." (Y/n) said blankly. "I want to talk to my dad." She got up and walked away.

It had been two weeks since Lawrence had told her about Tommy's death and she hadn't been taking it well. The three men were now fully aware of her creating dead people (and Alice) in her head and then speaking to them as she didn't try to hide it anymore.

They tried to do the best they could for her, comforting her when Rio, Alice or Jonah appeared. They tried to divert her attention whenever it was Ethan, Sasha or Ollie. Lawrence and Carlisle were more intrigued than anything when it was Carlotta. But none of them had the heart to tear her away from Tommy.

Carlisle desperately wanted to get her on some medication. She hadn't taken paroxentine since she had left Rio and he wasn't too happy about that but this was toeing the line. Lawrence refused, claiming that with time these hallucinations would fade out.

"I'll check on her in a few minutes." Carlisle looked sadly at the empty space she had occupied.

"My parents are visiting by the way." Danny added out of the blue.

"Your- you mean Aaron and Riley?" Lawrence clarified.

"Um, yeah?" Danny said as he packed up, wondering who else it could even be.

"That might be a bit much for (Y/n)." Carlisle said in concern.

"Come on, my dad won't talk to her about murder or anything he just really wants to meet her. My mom does too." Danny began to pack up monopoly.

The brothers shared a look. "It might be good for (Y/n) to have a mothering presence, someone she might feel more comfortable confiding in right now." Lawrence said.

"What would be good is some pills. There are plenty of safe ones and it's what is best for her. I love her too much to let my own reservations get in the way and you can't let yours." Carlisle restarted the age old drugs argument.

"This isn't just a 'reservation' as you call it. It's me knowing what is best for the woman I love and I won't allow you to drug her. You're just going to mess with her mind until it turns to mush." Lawrence spat.

"Is that a yes on my parents coming to stay?" Danny butted in.

"Yes." Carlisle said and then turned back to Lawrence. "Sue me for wanting (Y/n) to be healthy!"

"It's not fucking healthy!"

"Maybe I'll just give it to her myself and we'll see how 'unhealthy' it is. You'll be eating your words!" Carlisle challenged.

"Don't you dare."

"If you get in my way, I'll-"

"You'll what?" Lawrence cut his brother off. "Huh? You'll set Warren on me? That man is terrified of me. You drug her and I'll kill you."

"Danny agrees with me. He won't let you do that." Carlisle looked at Danny. "Right?"

"I-I just want whatever is best for (Y/n)."

More arguing ensued shortly. It could be called a win for Lawrence since by the end of it she still wasn't taking any medication but Carlisle was still filled with determination.

"Nice place." Aaron took in the atmosphere as he was let in. "You like it, honey?" He sqeezed on Riley's hand.

She nodded. "Thank you for having us." Her eyes glided over the line. Danny had a bright smile on his face, pleased to see his parents. The Verilys were politely smiling but she could tell that they were fairly indifferent over the whole thing.

And then there was (Y/n). Both Danny and Carlisle were holding onto one of her hands tightly as her eyes wandered around in a haze.

"And this must be little (Y/n)." Aaron cooed. "We have heard a lot about you." His eyes trailed to her leg, having heard from Danny about the stabbing incident. "I hope you guys are taking good care of her."

"She's a bit upset at the moment." Lawrence explained.

"Her dad died." Carlisle said bluntly.

"Oh, no bother about that. Riley was distraught when I first killed her parents but she got over it. You just need to give it some time."

"And did you ever give her meds?" Lawrence questioned smugly, expecting a negative answer.

"No. Didn't need to." Aaron looked to Riley. "You were a bit sad sometimes but you always kept your head on straight."

Carlisle rolled his eyes as Lawrence smirked in triumph.

"Do you want to show me your room, (Y/n)?" Riley asked.

(Y/n) looked like a deer in headlights as she absent mindedly nodded.

Riley walked over to her and Danny let go of her hand but Carlisle was more hesitant to do so.

"Don't worry about (Y/n) going off with Riley. My sweetheart is very well behaved." Aaron said knowingly.

Carlisle released (Y/n) and the two women went upstairs.

"God, are you okay?" Riley breathed out as they walked into (Y/n)'s room.

"Not really. I see dead people, not ghosts, they're not real they're just in my head." (Y/n) pulled on her hair roughly as if she was trying to pull the damage out of herself.

"I had a phase like that too. I saw my parents, my sister, my best friend and my ex. All murdered by you know who." Riley hugged (Y/n) who stiffened up.

"I'm really sorry about what I did."

"What are you talking about?" Riley questioned, still embracing her.

"I tried to kill Danny."

Riley held her tighter. "I was upset at first, then relieved he was still alive. I am still... happy you didn't succeed but... I get it. I wish I had the guts to do something like that to Aaron."

"Guts didn't get me anything except a hole in my leg." (Y/n) chuckled bitterly.

Riley pulled away and looked at (Y/n) intently. "You need to get out of here."

"I know."

"No. I mean as soon as you can. I wasted my life away making these complicated escape plans that always left me with nothing. It's too late for me now, but you... I really think you can get out." Riley said desperately, her hand going to the scar on her neck.

"But- but... How? I don't have a key and I can't pick locks. Where would I go?" (Y/n) stuttered.

"You don't need a key and it doesn't matter where you go so long as it is far away from here."