Reflection 2

~Jaylen's POV~
I raced through the woods at a blinding speed, the wind whipped furiously past my fur but it didn't slow me down, rather it encouraged I and my beast as we picked up the pace, leaping over fallen logs and ducking low hanging branches, barely leaving paw prints on the moist forest soil at our current speed.

My beast yipped excitedly within me, begging to be given control, increasing our speed to a point beyond even my own capabilities, I happily obliged content to retreat to the back of my mind and relax for a bit.

"The lake Alex." I thought to him, my beast yipped in response and I sighed.

"English man." I thought.

"I said I got you." Alex grumbled into our mind link,

"I know." I thought back smirking,

"jerk." my beast growled at me,

"that we are my friend." I replied in amusement, he grunted in annoyance but didn't reply, instead focusing on making good use of the time till we got to the lake, it was quite a distance from where we were, a four hour walk or so to humans but at the speed we were going, we'd be there in an hour max.

I felt my lion's joy and exhilaration and it doubled as mine, I sighed in bliss, ' this was my only outlet, right here, right now, moments like this were what I lived for now, among nature, letting go of my true self, this were the only times I felt free, the only times I felt truly happy, it wasn't always like this....

Once there was a time I was young, I was happy.... I had him, a friend I could count on, I had hopes of finding a mate, my other half, it didn't last long though, fate had a whole lot of interesting plans for us, an unlucky match was all it took to lead to the now, I pushed the thoughts out of my mind, focusing more on the run

I let myself relax, enjoying the moment, but then again, blissful moments never lasted long as soon enough, I felt myself regaining control, we had arrived at the lake, I sighed as I slowed down trotting towards the edge of the lake, I peared into the clear waters facing the perfect image of my lion, I stared into his beautiful electric blue eyes, a feature we shared and within his orbs, I could see it all, courage, pride, power, dominance.

I paused as I looked deeper, seeing clearly the loneliness, longing and hurt, my lion and I sighed in unison as we felt the ache in our heart kick in, fiercer than it had been before we began our run, I sighed squinting my eyes in sadness as I lay on the forest floor, head on my paws, my lion let out a small whimper and I let it radiate out our lips as I closed my eyes, letting my mind drift again.

~flash back~

"Talon, you can't just walk away, we need to talk about this!" I growled, he stopped swirling to face me.

"And what exactly is there to talk about Jay!?" he asked through gritted teeth, I shrugged in response and he sighed massaging his temples, suddenly he lifted his eyes to mine, eyes blazing,

"did you know about this?" He asked angrily, I frowned,

"no, of course not!" I replied.

"and I should believe you because....?" He continued,

"because I said so Talon." I responded simply, he glared at me.

"you just up and left a year ago, no explanations, no calls, no texts, nothing, only to return now and you tell me you didn't know, you left a few days to your fucking 18th birthday Jay!" he growled out, I growled lowly .

"don't growl at me Talon, and you said it all, it was a few days to my 18th birthday, not my 18th birthday, I fucking had no idea okay, and I already apologized, it was out of my hands, my beast was out of control the closer it got to our coming of age and we had to be quarantined, I didn't leave because I wanted to!" I explained in frustration,

"yeah, so you've said, but we have just your word for it all now don't we?" He asked mockingly, my features hardened at his words.

"so my words aren't enough anymore huh, the words of your best friend and brother holds no value to you anymore, I see how it is now." I said with a scoff.

"I didn't mean it like that Jay." he replied with a sigh.

"oh you did, you mean every word you say, now I ask you only this Talon, are you willing to talk about this?" I asked coldly,

"I...my pack, I can't Jay, No!" he said turning his face away from me, hurt flashed through my eyes but I forced it away, nodding emotionlessly

"I understand clearly, Alpha Talon, so will you say the words or should I?" he looked up at me, before turning away again,

"as you wish, Alpha." I said sarcastically, he looked up at me in shock and hurt

" Jay... I..." he began, but cut himself short, I chuckled coldly

"It's Alpha Jaylen to you Alpha, oh and by the way I Alpha Jaylen Alexander Shadow.....

~flashback over~

Shaking my head sharply, I pushed the memories out of my mind, I hated this, how I still couldn't get it off my mind, I had wished things to be different at first, but later I understood, that it just couldn't be, his pack was his priority and I totally understood, I had my pride after all and they were important to me as well.

I had cut all ties that day, yes, I did it, but it was the only way I could effectively give him what he wanted, I couldn't continue as his friend, after all our years together, he didn't even value my words, he hurt my pride, to a lion... pride was everything.

Standing up on my paws and looking over at my lion's image once again, I was again drawn to our eyes, within, I could see myself, a 24 year old young and powerful leader, standing at 6ft 5 inches, dark haired, extremely handsome features and heavily muscled, I was a force to be reckoned with, I was feared and I was desired, I knew all this and yet it all meant nothing to the one who should have mattered most.

"an unlucky match indeed." my lion thought to me and I agreed completely, feeling the ache rising again, I growled in anger glaring harshly at my reflection before turning away sharply and racing back in the direction of home.

~Author's Note~
A little insight on the past for both our male leads 🙂🙂, thoughts?
It's been some days since my last update, I was occupied with work, thanks so much for your patience,the good news is we'll be going on the Christmas break soon so I'll have more free time, btw compliments of the season to you all, Merry Christmas and a Happy New year in advance, it's the 19th today in Nigeria, so 6 more days to go. 💃💃💃💃.