Basically chapter 1

I wake up in a sweat after another nightmare. I've been thinking about my dad a lot lately. My mom pretends he never existed, and ignores my pain. I grab my phone and scroll through the news and see an article labeled "The time for our towns curse is up! Who is next?" I sigh and exit the app, I don't want to deal with this today, I'm already cursed enough. Later on in the day at school, I hear all of the "popular" kids bickering. All I want right now is the bell to ring, and to get out of this place. It finally rings, so I run to my locker and grab my books and stuff them into my bag, grabbing my skateboard and running out before anyone can do anything to me. On my way home I see a figure in the alley, its eyes and and creepy smile are the most visible thing. I close my eyes, shake my head and skate faster. After a painfully quiet dinner with my mom, I put on pajamas, plug in my headphones and shuffle my sleep playlist, and literally jump into bed. As I drift off something feels off. I finally get why everything felt off when my eyes open and I hear a deep voice all around me. It only said "Hello Trevor Quinn, You have been chosen. Good luck making it through." It cackles as its voice fades away. All I can do is sit there shaking, all I see around me looks like the inside of an old house, and I see no one. I try to think positive and say this is a nightmare, but I know it's the curse. There's no hiding from the truth, of course the cursed kid would end up like this. How else do they?