Chapter Four: First Day

It took a little while, but the letter from UA finally came in. I got in, thank goodness.

But the butterflies that filled my stomach on the morning of the first day made me wish I hadn't. I guess even four years of villain training couldn't save me from the first day jitters.

I had woken up earlier then usual this morning, so here I was, staring blankly through the kitchen window and bouncing my leg as I ate my toast. The house All For One had set-up for me was small, with one bedroom, bathroom, and the living room and kitchen had an open floor plan. The kitchen had the essentials. The window I was staring through was right above the sink. I was sitting at the kitchen island, which had four stools. If I was to turn around, I'd be looking at the living room.

A banging noise came from the door. Glancing at my phone, I realized I still had fifteen minutes till I had to leave for UA.

Who could be knocking on my door this early in the morning?

Deciding caution was best, I grabbed the baseball bat I kept beside the door. Hiding it behind me, I slowly opened the door.

Tomura stood in front of me dressed in a black hoodie with the hood pulled up, covering his face. I sighed in relief and opened the door wide, waving him in. He walked in quickly with his head down and his hands stuffed in his pockets.

I closed the door behind him and went to put my bat back in its place. He raised an amused eyebrow.

"Expecting somebody else?" He asked.

I shrugged, although a small smile came out to play, "Better safe than sorry. I'm a teenage girl living by myself. I don't want to take any chances."

He sighed, "You know we're only a call away, and one of us will try to stop by once a week for updates. I also have full confidence that you can take care of yourself for a little while."

I smirked, "Only a little while?"

He glared, "That's not what I meant."

I raised my eyebrows and skipped around him back to the kitchen island and hopped on the barstool I had vacated earlier. "Sure it wasn't."

He walked over to stand across from me at the island and leaned forward on his elbows. He started to scratch his neck, reminding me of the fact that he was here to talk about something important before my mission offically started. I mean, why else would he be here? I doubted he came just to check-up on me.

"So, not that I don't appreciate you stopping by, but did you need something?" I asked, checking my phone again. Ten minutes.

"You remember how I wanted you to spy on the Pro Heros and other students, right?" I nodded, and he continued, "Well, there was one thing I left out."

"What?"

"All Might will be teaching at UA. We were given information that All Might is losing his power, his strength, and I want to eliminate him while he's weakened. This is your top priority. I want you to figure out if the information is right."

I stared at him for a long moment, trying to process. I had already known All Might was losing his quirk, I saw it with my own eyes four years ago, but for some reason, I had never told Tomura or anyone else in the League of Villains. It felt important that All Might kept that a secret, and even though I no longer idolized him, I used too. I didnt even think about telling them, even though I trusted them.

All Might had once told me, four years ago, that I couldn't be a hero. I didn't resent him for it. I was mostly indifferent towards him. Because what he had said was true. I couldn't become a hero.