Colby's house

It's literally Thursday and the fucking project is due TOMORROW!!!! I literally did half of it last night, Colby still has to do his part on it. He also texted me last night but I didn't answer him. I also have class with him today so, GREAT. I went to my locker to go get my books and made my way to econ class.

Class started and Colby wasn't here. We had time to do our project in class and this dumbass decided not to come, just WOW. I chose not to work on it so Colby can do his part. I killed time by listening to music and just scrolling through Instagram. I was so into my music that the bell had rung and I was the last few student in the class..... I gathered my belongings and walked to my locker to leave my stuff cause I'm fucking lazy and I don't wanna carry anything in my hands. While I locked my locker, I heard someone yell my name. I turned around to see it was Colby.

Colby: LYDIA! my house tonight at 8, see you there ok?

I just nodded and headed out to my car. Went out to get a drink at Starbucks and got some chick-fil-a. I ate at the school parking lot until it was time for me to go back to my last class. I sure do miss eating out with Jake. He doesn't even show up to school anymore, he didnt tell me that other day when I saw him at the mall. But I hope he is okay. I keep losing track of time that class started 15 min ago. I should really pay more attention to the time and stop going late to class.

We had a sub for my last class and I decided to dip on the last few min until the bell rang. I went home, took a quick shower and put some comfy ass clothes. I watched some YouTube videos to pass time when I head to Colby's house. An hour later i got up and got my stuff ready. I looked at my phone and yelled so loud that my mom came in the room.

You: FUUUUCCCCKKKKK ITS 8:30!!!! I REALLY NEED TO CHECK TIME AND STOP BEING LATE TO EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

My mom literally swung the door open and asked if I was ok.

You: yeah I'm alright, I was suppose to be at a friends house 30min ago to finish a project that's due tomorrow.

My own mother rushed me out of my house cause she said she was having people over. We never have people over but I'm guessing its co-workers or whatever.

Mom: I know this is too much to ask but.... can you stay the night at your friend's house? I'm sure their parents wont mind...

My fucking jaw dropped. ME? AT COLBY'S HOUSE? YEAH RIGHT! I literally froze, like what the fuck??? Staying the night at my bullies house, is she ok???

You: MOM.... I am not staying the night at a friends house!

She didnt bother to argue with me and told me to go back to my room and get a couple clothes since we have school the next day. I left my house mad. Its literally 9:20 at night, ugh. Lets hope Colby's at home.

I got to his house and knocked. He answered and motioned me to come inside and head to his room. I put my stuff down and told him that he only needs to finish his part. 10 min later he was actually doing some re-search. I was shocked... This kid never does work.

An hour later passes by and he told me that he was almost done with the project. He handed me the poster board and I was impressed. We actually did it even if it was last minute.

Colby: FINALLY!!! that was boring. Anyways, I'm gonna order some pizza, want some?

I agreed to pizza and made myself comfy on the couch that he has in his room. I also need to ask if I can stay the night... Lets see how that goes... 20min later and the pizza arrived. He put on a movie for us to watch and he motioned me to sit on the floor with him and I did. I was really hungry but only ate one slice cause of the mean things he tells me...

You: I need to ask you a question. It's ok if you say no. Do you think I can stay the night? My mom is having guest over and she told me to stay the night here.

Colby: Yeah that's fine. But I doubt she is having guest over, she's probably gonna get fucked tonight. That's why he doesn't want you to be home, hahaha

A few hours passed by and it was 1am. I got up and went to his bathroom to brush my teeth and change into an oversized shirt and some shorts. I went back to his room and saw that he put away the pizza boxes downstairs and turned off the tv. He told me I can have the bed for tonight and he was gonna sleep on his couch. I got under the covers and started scrolling on my phone. I felt the bed dip next to me.

Colby: can we talk...?

I agreed and let him talk.

Colby: I'm- I'm sorry for the things that I have said to you.... I really am.. I swear I'm not like this but I need to keep my reputation safe and I'm also known to be one of the popular guys around school. So everyone knows me as the heart break kid. In all honesty Lydia, you're a beautiful girl.... I just cant be seen with you, cause everyone will think we are dating. Like I said, I'm known to break girls hearts and never date them. I need to keep my popularity up and also my reputation. You're basically a cute nerd I cant be seen with... But I'm really sorry, you're not fat, youre just perfect...

I didnt know what to say.... I just rested my head on his shoulder and we both stayed quite. He then got up and i grabbed his hand and pulled him back. I told him to lay his head on my lap and he did. I started playing with his hair until I was ready to say something.

You: It's ok... Those words you said to me really did hurt. Even if we cant be friends, then you should just stop talking to me....

I did not want to say that cause I want to be around Colby. Something about being around him makes me feel butterflies. He didn't say anything but he got up and went to lay on the couch ready to sleep. I did the same, got under the covers and made myself comfy.

Colby: goodnight princess, sleep well.