Vampiric Domintation Scenes Fifty Six to Sixty Three

• Dedicated to Leo

Hey, so this part is really where the plot changes, if you haven't already noticed it yet. If you haven't, wow. Anyways, the change in plot is inspired by Leo. Therefore, this dediction goes to you.

Scene 56:

Setting: The palace

THE PRESIDENT IS WANDERING THE HALLS ALONE. SHE ENTERS THE LIBRARY AND GOES UP TO A BOOKCASE. SHE TAKES OUT A LARGE BOOK WITH AN INTRICATE DESIGN ON THE COVER. SHE WALKS OVER TO A TABLE AND SITS DOWN SIGHING.

President

I haven’t read you in a while.

SHE FLIPS THROUGH THE PAGES.

President

Here. The potion of potent defense.

(sighing)

No. That never worked. At least not for me.

FADE INTO FLASHBACK.

Scene 57

Setting: Flashback

SIXTEEN YEAR OLD CORAL IS ALONE AT THE EDGE OF A FOREST LOOKING DOWN AT A TREE STUMP. SHE SIGHS. SUDDENLY SOMEONE COMES UP FROM BEHIND HER.

????

What are you staring at?

CORAL TURNS AROUND TO LOOK AT THE GIRL.

Coral

This old tree had been here forever. Then construction workers said they were going to cut down this forest. This was their first try. They’re coming back tomorrow to try to uproot it to check that they can.

(ashamed)

I know this sounds silly- but I had found an old book at my grandma’s house. In it was a recipe for some kind of spell. A potion for defense. I was hoping that it could protect this tree stump, maybe ward away the construction workers from coming back- but when I try to do something to harm it, nothing happens. I carved my name into it, and nothing. I knew this wasn’t going to work.

????

So... your name is Coral.

(thoughtful)

Do you have anymore of that potion?

Coral

Yeah. Hold on... Here

CORAL TAKES A BOTTLE OUT FROM HER BAG AND GIVES IT TO THE GIRL. SHE SNIFFS IT.

????

Did you add almonds?

Coral

Almonds?

????

Yeah. Almonds.

SHE TAKES OUT A JAR FROM HER BAG.SHE ADDS SOME CRUSHED ALMONDS TO THE BOTTLE AND SHAKES IT AROUND. THEN SHE POURS THE MIXTURE OUT ONTO THE TREE STUMP AND SAYS SOME GIBBERISH.

????

There. Now try kicking it.

CORAL KICKS THE STUMP AND AN INVISIBLE FORCE MAKES HER GO FLYING.

Coral

Woah.

CORAL GETS UP AND BRUSHES HERSELF OFF.

Coral

(surprised)

It worked. You really know about this stuff. I thought you were just pulling my leg.