chapter 12 > blooming love

cross-read & checked 3 May 2020

Nayeon walked away, leaving Yoongi at his locker and made a turn. She then found three girls standing there and their eyes met. "What are you girls doing?" She asked.

Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Momo laughed nervously at their unnie who was staring at them weirdly. "Actually we were..- uhhm-"

"Hanging out! Right here! Yes, we were hanging out here, standing and doing nothing at all." Momo helped Dahyun to answer Nayeon. The three girls giggled again nervously while looking at Nayeon, hoping she'll buy the lame excuse. The unnie nodded slowly at them, still suspicious at them but decided to shake it off. "Okay? Whatever." And then she left.

The three sighed heavily after she left and looked at each other. "That was close!" Momo said and Dahyun nodded. "Tell me about it." While Chaeyoung stayed silent, which Dahyun realized this and frowned. Momo then said, "Well, I have to leave now. I planned with Hoseok for a meet up."

Dahyun and Chaeyoung waved Momo goodbye. "Bye girls!" After that, Dahyun turned to Chaeyoung and pulled her to walk the opposite way of Momo's direction.

"Okay, girl, what is up with you?" Dahyun asked while Chaeyoung sighed sadly. "Chae? Is this about Nayeon-unnie?" The sad girl stayed silent still. Dahyun smiled softly while patting her back. "You're jealous, aren't you?"

That caught the girl's attention as she jumped in surprise, waving her hands at Dahyun. "Wh-aat? N-No! Of c-course... n-not..??" Chaeyoung rubbed her head when Dahyun laughed at her.

"Yes, you are, Chae. Don't worry about Nayeon-unnie and Suga. They looks nothing more than friends to me." She comforted Chaeyoung, who began to lit up a bit. "You think so?"

Dahyun nodded. "I do, Chae."

---

Nayeon returned back to her dorm she is sharing with Jeongyeon and Mina. She, throughout her way towards her dorm, felt a little sad after meeting with Yoongi. She thought that she would write a love letter to him but saw that someone else already wrote one for him.

She sighed in defeat as she stopped at the door to her dorm. "Maybe I was too in a hurry." She thought so too. This was just a beginning, Nayeon realized. The girl that sent the letter to Yoongi can't stop her from giving up. She smiled back at herself for figuring that out. 

"Slowly but surely, Nayeon." 

The door was opened by her and closed as Nayeon walked in. The small living room that was decorated with one long couch and a coffee table as well as a television for her and her dormmates. Jeongyeon was sitting on the couch with ice cream box in her arms, watching Titanic while stuffing her mouth with the food.

Nayeon stared at her weirdly before taking a seat next to her. "Are.. you alright?" She asked Jeongyeon who didn't remove her eyes from the television screen. "Good." 

"Where's Mina?" She asked again.

"In her room."

Speaking of Mina, the said girl came to the living room with a letter in her right hand and her face was a surprised one. "Hi, Mina. What do you got there?" Mina stared blankly into nothing as she moved to sit between Nayeon and Jeongyeon. She handed the letter for her to read it without answering.

"You received a love letter?!" Nayeon asked shockingly.

"She received a love letter." Jeongyeon said right after that. Mina nodded her head in response. "That's great! Do you know who is it from?" Nayeon asked.

Mina shook her head. "I have no idea. He didn't sign the letter at all." She said, then a short laugh was heard from Jeongyeon. "Hah! He didn't sign it? How stupid is that." She continued to laugh that she nearly chocked on her ice cream. "I mean, who wouldn't sign a love letter?"

Nayeon gave back the letter to Mina. "That is one big mystery you have to solve, Mina. You need any help? I could find him for you." Mina smiled at her and shook her head again. "Thanks, but no thanks. I'd rather solve this on my own."

"Well, if you need any hand, just let me know, okay?" Mina nodded in return.

"Why do y'all bother anyway? Being single is better!" The two looked at Jeongyeon who continued to eat the ice cream and close to finishing it. "Why are you eating ice cream while watching Titanic?" Mina asked her.

Jeongyeon swallowed the ice cream before answering, "Because thats what single people do on this day, especially me." She started to sniff at the scene of Titanic she was watching. 

"Why don't you have any crush?" Mina asked and Nayeon looked at her in surprise. "Jeongyeon doesn't have any crush?" The Japanese girl nodded in return. Jeongyeon sniffed while wiping off her tears. "No way. Single for life!"

---

Jimin entered his dorm and walked towards his room and passed by Taehyung's. He saw from the corner of his eyes that Taehyung was still sleeping soundly, which reminded him that he was supposed to wake him up. "Oh my god! Taehyung!" Jimin rushed over to Taehyung's bed to shook the man awake. 

"Dude, wake up! Now!"

Taehyung groaned in his sleep and grumbled, "5 more minutes.."

"No can do, Tae! You have to go out to meet someone, remember?"

"What?!" Taehyung jolted up awake and looked at his alarm clock. "Oh no! I'm so late!" Jimin left his room so that he could clean himself to get ready.

As he entered his room, he landed on his bed and took out an envelope from his bag. Jimin visited his locker with Jungkook before coming here and spotted the envelope in his locker. It of course got hearts on it. Jungkook had teased him all the way back, which he felt annoyed for.

Jimin then opened up the envelope and took out the letter. His room then was filled with rose scent, so strong that Jimin started to get dizzy. "What the hell?" Rose petals than fell from the letter. Whoever this person that sent the letter to him did overdone it.

Taehyung exited his dorm and ran hurriedly through the hallways. How could he forgot that he was supposed to meet with Sana that day? Stupid him. He had stayed up late last night to finish his homework, but he didn't know that he would sleep in this late!

"I hope she's not mad." He went to the second school building and climbed the stairs to the rooftop. After he arrived, he saw a girl sitting on the ground as the wind blew her hair softly. Taehyung inhaled deeply and walked towards the girl.

"Sana?" The girl looked up at Taehyung in surprise. "Taehyung!" 

Taehyung was still panting when he dropped himself to sit down next to her. "I'm sorry to keep you waiting." Sana smiled and shook her head. "I don't mind. The view is great up here, after all." She watched Taehyung's panting and gasped. "Did you run your way to here?" She gasped again when the boy beside her nodded.

"Taehyung, you didn't have too!"

Taehyung smiled nervously at her. "I didn't want you to wait any longer."

"Well, I feel guilty now." Sana said while handing him a cup of coffee. "You're lucky I figured to buy one for you." Taehyung accepted it and smiled. But Sana was still frowning and crossed her arms. "If I finish this drink and stay here with you, would you forgive me?"

Sana dropped her arms and giggled at him. "Well, I can't stay mad at you forever."

They smiled at each other and fell into another heated conversation as the wind brushed through them and the sun shining above them. They talked, forgetting that it was Valentine's Day that day but happily spent time with each other on the rooftop, as if they were old friends.

As if fate have chosen the right pair, because a small single flower of love began to bloom between the two.