Chapter 6 - Boy Lost

Surprise! Fun new POV!
Let's see if I can pull this off..
Also, note : Chelsea's thoughts are not in the same sort-of broken English that her speech is, because it would become frustrating to both read and write.

From the perspective of Chelsea

I could hear the blades of the helicopter whirring as it tried to hold us above the scene where everything was going down.

I could barely watch as the group of small humans burst through the gates of the castle below us, causing stone to fly everywhere.

Large chunks sailed through the air, making one of the small captive humans promptly disappear, and my mistress fall to the ground.

Cats, as it would seem, have remarkable hearing: so I could hear every cry of pain and fear in the chaos. Mistress' blueberry friend crying and shaking her shoulders roughly, the roars of frustration and anger as the boy with the long hair suddenly tackled the man with a turban, the calls of distress from the group of teens rushing into the room.

Cautiously, I padded around the helicopter, jumping up onto one of the seats, beside the boy with the dark hair and the red shirt, and resting my legs. Truth be told, perhaps the reason for my itching to move was because I couldn't stand a minute longer of watching that.
I squeezed my eyes tightly shut, heart thumping in my chest.

But before long, the dust cleared, and I simply had to open my eyes again.

I could see people. Mouths opening and closing without sounds. People screaming their throats raw, but the helicopter was too high for me to hear anything more than a squeak.

So I waited. I waited and waited and waited.

People left, and the distant sounds fell quiet.

Before I even knee what was going on, only nine people were still in the castle. I recognised the forms of mistress and the boy with the curly hair, strewn out over the rocks like abandoned puppets as the other seven crowded around the two bodies.
I couldn't understand why we were still up here.
The helicopter, and all of the soldiers that could've helped stayed in the sky, where it couldn't.

Why?

I felt a sudden jolt beneath my paws as the helicopter began to move, and slowly, the ground drew closer.

Slowly, I was able to see more and more small details that you couldn't see from the sky.

Flecks of dust clinging to twisted faces.

Tears running down cheeks.

The trickle of blood at the corner of Mistress' mouth.

<><><>

Two hours.
Two whole hours, and Mistress was still out like a lamp.

Don't get me wrong: I have faith in her. I know she'll be fine, but that doesn't stop the worry clawing at my heart like a ravenous beast.

I was surrounded with sorrow. Nine solemn faces worried a deep hole into the metal beneath our paws, tears frozen on their cheeks in the cold night air.

The boy with the curls - who's waking up has been the only good thing since the ruins - suddenly stood, pushing himself to his feet.
With nothing more than a sigh, he began to pace, occasionally glancing over at my purple-haired Mistress, his footsteps creating a cacophony as they slapped against the thin sheet of steel.