𖥸 9 𖥸

{Edited on 12/16/21}

Peridot carefully peeked at Lapis and squinted her eyes. "What part?"

Lapis facepalmed. She then sat down next to Peridot and tilted her head back, looking at the ceiling. She was quiet for a moment before sighing and turning her head towards Peridot. "Why didn't you tell me about how you felt earlier?"

"Do you.. do you want an honest answer?" The green gem asked, clenching her fists in preparation for a possible outburst.

"I promise I'll listen. No interrupting, no blaming, no yelling, just listening. Listening to you." Lapis said as she sat up, giving Peridot her full attention. She was serious about this, and she wanted Peridot to be too.

Peridot sighed and dug her fingernails into her fists. She took another minute to mentally hype herself up before spilling her guts out to the very gem she didn't want to know about this. "I was- I was scared of uour reaction. I was scared that you'd say no!"

Peridot sat up, now completely facing Lapis as well. Peridot's face flush from the sudden realization of the current situation she was in. "I couldn't just walk up to you and say, 'Hey Lapis, I love you!', y'know?"

Now it was Lapis' turn for her face to go red. She covered her mouth and nodded as she let Peridot continue.

"And I didn't want you to know about this because you mean so much to me - you really do. And because you mean so much to me, I didn't want to risk you knowing how I felt." Peridot looked down. "If you didn't like me back.. I didn't want to ruin what we had."

The two of them sat in silence. Lapis figured that Peridot was probably done talking, so now it was her turn to speak.

"Oh, Peridot." Lapis took one of Peridot's hands in her own, using her other hand to caress the smaller gem's cheek. "Of course I feel the same way about you. It's just.. complicated. Especially with the whole ordeal with Aquamarine."

Peridot winced at the mention of the other gem. She had nearly forgotten that Lapis had a girlfriend, and she didn't want to come between that.

"Don't worry though," Lapis said, getting Peridot's attention. "I can just break it off with her. I don't think either of us liked each other that much anyways."

Peridot's eyes widened. For crying out loud, she wasn't a home wrecker! "Lapis, are you sure?? I mean, you two did seem to get along really well."

"Positive." Lapis grabbed Peridot's other hands and held them in her own. "Besides, I think we were more like best friends than lovers. I have that spot saved especially for you." Lapis finished, booping Peridot's nose.

"Wow.." Peridot flushed, looking around. She had never really been in this situation before, so she didn't know what to do. Then she remembered something she's always wanted to do with Lapis.

She took a deep breath and shut her eyes tightly. Then all in one breath she said, "Do you want to kiss?"

There was a pause before Peridot kept going. "I mean, you don't have to - I'm not the best but I'll have you know I think I'm pretty good at i-"

Peridot was suddenly cut off by Lapis taking the first initiative. It took her a moment to realize that she was kissing Lapis. The gem that she loves. Her eyes bugged out of her head for a moment. Then Peridot closed her eyes and leaned into the kiss, moving her hand to Lapis' upper arm.

The twp of them stayed like that for a minute, kissing in silence. Lapis was the first to pull away.

"Hey Peridot?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Lapis."

Lapis simply giggled before taking Peridot into her arms, carrying her bridal style. She planted kisses all over her face before flying into the sky with her.

"Now," Lapis said, I'm still a littlr concerned about that cracked gem of yours. How about we pay Steven a visit?"

Peridot nodded, and Lapis began to fly in the direction of Steven's house. The green gem melted into Lapis' touch and allowed herself to feel as happy as she did now.

She could've sworn she felt herself grow lighter, almost as if a heavy burden was being lifted off her chest. And with that, the flowers had gone away.

|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|

Holy crap this book is so old lol I'm so happy I finally finished editing it 😭✌️ This chapter is still a bit short so sorry about that, but ty for reading!

-trash