Prologue

Leaning To Seduce  

11-12-2010  

Rosetta

Hi There Readers, It's been long since I have uploaded, but I haven't been having much imagination or even patience to write. I think this is the only serious note I will put on the story so please read it carefully.

IMPORTANT!  

Credits: I take no credits on this. This a mixture of Twilight (just the characters' name and appearance to play with) and Meg's Cabot book called ''Educating Caroline'' which is a good enough book.

As I started to read it I started to imagine Twilight characters on it, and viola! Here's the result I will put my own touches here and there but nothing too out of the book. The major change I am doing is to write it all on a point of view because I hate very much third person's point of view.

Also if you don't notice English is not my mother language and I have some major grammar mistakes, feel free to point them out, I would appreciate that.

Now One thing that I am really not sure about is who will be the evil couple... I have been thinking Of Jacob and Leah or maybe James and Victoria? Or Jacob and Victoria... Idk, please help me on this one. Now enough start read it. 

->Prologue

[Jasper's POV]

Oxford, England  

December 1869

A full moon hung in the air over the high college walls, lighting my way as clearly as any gas lamp.

Not that there weren't gas lamps, of course. There were. But the glow from that round white moon rendered the amber flicker of the gaslights quite superfluous. Had all the gas lamps in England gone out, persons with business after hours -like me- might still move about with relative ease by the light of this remarkable moon.

Or maybe it was simply that I was so drunk. Yes, it was quite likely that this moon was in no way different from any other moon, and that I was still excessively intoxicated from all the whiskey I drunk during the game, and that the reason that why was I able to find my way so easily through the midnight dark has nothing to do with the light from the moon, but everything to do with the simple fact that I had come this way numerous times before.

I did not even have to look where I was going. My feet took me in the correct direction. I was able, as I walked, to concentrate on other things - as fully I was able to concentrate counting of how highly drunk I were - and one of the things I was concentrating upon -besides the cold, which was considerable- was just where in hell I was going to get money.

Not that I felt obligated to pay it back. The cards had been marked, of course. How else had he lost so much, in so little time? He was an excellent card player. Really excellent. The card had certainly been marked.

Which was odd, considering that James had been so convinced that the game was all right. Black knew all the best games in town. I knew that I had been lucky; even to have been admitted to this one, seeing how I was, after all, only an earl - and a brand new one, at that. Why, that fellow with the mustache. He'd been a duke. A bloody duke!

Of course, he hadn't acted much like one. Particularly when, after losing yet another round, I had declared that the game was fixed. Instead of laughing off the accusation, the way a real duke might have done, this one pulled a pistol on me. Really, a pistol! Of course I have heard numerous stories of such acts, but I never had expected it to actually happen to me.