CHAPTER SEVEN: JOB LOST

1 MONTH LATER..

AMOUR SUMMERS

"Today isn't my day." I mumbled to myself as I was trying to start my car up. It just wouldn't start the ignition at all. I was getting madder by the minute just because I had to be at work by 12. I kept trying too. I wasn't about to give up.

I heard a knock on my window. I looked over, it was Vonte. "You want some help?" He asked. "No it's fine my car just acting up I guess. But it's acting up at the wrong time because I have to be at work by 2."

"Aye just stop trying I'll give you a ride." Vonte offered. "No it's good. I'll just keep-" My car stopped. I smacked my lips, and snatched my keys out.

"Great." I rolled my eyes. "I'll give you a ride. Come on my car parked over there." Vonte opened my door for me, and he grabbed my hand, helping me out.

"Thank you Vonte. I can pay you back today after I leave work." I shut my door, and followed him to his car. "Yeen gotta' worry about paying me back." He said.

"Well hold up what chu' want outta' this cause I don't go that way." I stopped in my tracks and damn near gotten loud.

"I don't want nothing from you. Damn I can't offer you a ride to work??" Vonte exclaimed.

I just stood in the street, looking dumbfounded. "Yo' you coming or not?"

"Oh.. yeah I guess so." I walked to his car, feeling stupid. I shouldn't never said that. He's been knowing me since I moved here. If he wanted to try something or make a move, he would've done it by now.

"Where you work at?" Vonte asked as he started his car up. I looked it, was a push to start. Damn maybe I do need a upgrade. "At the mall. I'm trying to save up so I can go back to school and get me a better job. Tired of working at that store."

"You gotta' start somewhere." Vonte chuckled. "Yeah but my boss is fucking annoying. Everything I do this bitch say something. And when I quit I'm leaving with a bang."

Vonte laughed after I said that. "That's why you become your own boss. Stop working for motherfuckas'." Vonte said.

"Oh trust me after I make my goal. It's up with this job."

He pulled up to in front of the store. "Thank you for the ride. I appreciate it." I gathered all my stuff. "No problem." Vonte said, as I gotten out the car.

"Aye you gone need another ride back?" Vonte asked, reaching over looking out the window. "No I'll just ride with my friend back. Thanks." I assured him. "Ight bet." After he said that he pulled off.

I walked inside in the mall, already preparing myself to be pissed off. I walked to clock in, I saw Nayori already at the register on her phone. "Girl Sasha gonna' kill you when she come in." I laughed as I walked up behind the register.

"Fuck that bitch. But you didn't come here early like you normally do. You got some cuddy last night?" Nayori asked.

"Hell no I wished. But nah.. My car was acting like it didn't wanna' start." I rolled my eyes. I walked to the back, to put my stuff up. "How you gonna' come to work if your car isn't starting?" Nayori asked as I was walking back to the front.

"Well there's Vonte but I don't wanna' take advantage of him."

"Oooh so that's who took you to work today?" Nayori looked at me with a shocking look, with her eyebrows raised. I laughed, and gotten behind the counter, behind the register standing.

"Yeah that's who took me to work. Almost cussed his ass out though but he gotten me straight." I smirked, thinking about earlier. Nayori gasped, "Yall fucked?"

I turned her way, looking at her so crazy. "Hell nah. But I bet he is good in bed." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Oh yeah you feeling him." Nayori snickered, laughing. "Girrrl. I'm just running my mouth. All I said I bet he is good in bed." I scoffed, waving her off.

"Yeah you gonna' be getting some reaaal soon." Nayori said. "I don't know by who." I laughed jokingly but serious at the same time.

Time flew by as we were in the store, talking. Barely had any customers which made it even better. And Sasha's ass didn't even show up today. We was just sitting here talking the whole time.

"Ay, we need a vacation." Nayori bored ass huffed. "How we gonna' do that? We both can't just call off. We work at the same job."

"I'm not so sure about that anymore." Nayori shook her head while looking at her phone. "What?" I furrowed my eyebrows, going behind her to look at her phone.

"Her shit going out of business. That's why she haven't been here today." We heard heels clacking. "Oh shit-" Nayori hurried up and put her phone up, and acted normal just as I had to do the same.

Sasha came in, and scoffed once she saw us. "Any customers today?" She asked. "Nope."

"Not even one-" I elbowed Nayori for saying that. I wanted to laugh. "Ugh." Sasha rolled her eyes and walked to the back.

"We probably gonna' go home early today." Nayori snickered. "She let us go home I'm going to sleep. I'm tired." I yawned.

"Vonte would wake you up." Nayori laughed. "Shut uppp. But can you take me home after work?" I looked at her.

"All the times you took me to work I got chu'." Nayori offered.

Another hour went passed as we waited. It was almost time for closing. This bitch is really trying to make us stay longer when the store is going out of business because of her. Must've pissed off the wrong person or just wasn't getting money out of this shit.

"I'm closing up the store. You too are dismissed." Sasha finally came out of her office, and told us. She walked away as we gotten our stuff together. "Yeah we're dismissed when it's damn near time for us to clock out." Nayori rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"It was kind of helping us. More money in our check. But a new job to find." I told Nayori as we walked out. "Should we leave with a bang?" Nayori looked at me and laughed.

"Ion even know anymore." I shrugged my shoulders. "You don't know- mannn I'm knocking shit over." Nayori chortled.

She looked over at me. Maybe because I was quiet the whole time. "What's wrong Mour?" She inquired.

"It's just.. Now I have to stress about my apartment, car insurance, and my phone bill." I shook my head as I looked out of the window.

"Ima' have to work three fucking jobs just to get by." I exhaled out of my mouth madly.

"Why do you do that?" Nayori side eyed me. "Do what?" I furrowed my eyebrows looking back at her.

"You keep trying to work more jobs and that's stressing you out along with drama Mour. You need a break seriously."

"And be homeless? I won't have nowhere to go. And look I don't have time for this right now. I seriously don't. I have a lot on my plate." I told her, just so she can drop the situation.

I hate stressing myself out like this. I'll just have to figure something out. I haven't stressed about rent for a long time. Now I have too. I know I always could get help.

But I'm not fucking with stupid anymore. Not ever. That's like selling myself to him. I'm only Living for me. And only me.

I'll figure something out though.

Feedback?