Chapter 3

I could not believe that George still loved me! After all this time his heart still belonged to me! This was the greatest Christmas gift that I could have ever hoped for

I could not believe that George still loved me! After all this time his heart still belonged to me! This was the greatest Christmas gift that I could have ever hoped for. He holds me close to his body kissing me tenderly as the snow falls all around us.

"What about Robert?" he asks after we kiss.

I shake my head. "We are not dating. We came as friends. What about that girl you came with?" I ask.

"She is just a friend to" he admits. "I was bringing her to make you jealous"

"Well it worked. I was jealous" I say smiling.

"After Christmas come back home with me. I can't bare to be without you" he tells me. "Will you?" he begs me. "We have been apart for so long"

I nod. "I would love that"

"Merry Christmas sweetheart" he whispers tenderly to me.

"Merry Christmas George" I reply back to him.

"Your nose and cheeks are getting cold sweetheart. Let's get you inside before you catch cold" he worries over me. "Come on"

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

He leads the way back to the cabin. Everyone would know we were together. He leads the way with his arm draped around my shoulder. He takes my coat off then hangs it up for me. He was such a gentleman.

Colleen was gawking when we came in the cabin together. I see George go over to the pretty girl he came with. Whispered something to her then he came back over to me.

"I told her it was over. That we worked things out" he informs me.

He smiles at me. Then kisses me on the cheek. I reach over and kiss him on the lips.

"What is going on with you two?" Colleen is dying to know.

"We are together" I admit. "We worked it all out"

"I knew it! I knew he still loved you! See you worried over nothing" she laughs. She hugs both of us.

We wander into the kitchen to be alone. I heat up a pot of hot water. George pulls me in his embrace. He kisses me as I wait for the water to boil. He touches the brooch on my shirt collar. He smiles happily.