Everything has changed

Steven grips the edge of Connie's arm. The color red, dripping down her chin from her mouth. Her whole body, crushed by the war gems that invaded earth shortly prior.

Steven grits his teeth.

'How could someone do this? Why would they take your life away, Connie, just because theirs didn't go the way they wanted?' Steven thought.

His mind overthrown by his emotions. Steven's brain, filled to the brim with agonizing pain. He feels himself getting hotter, his skin gaining a slight pink tint.

He is pissed.

Before a single tear could reach Connie's face, he rises to his feet, raising his shield. Steven launches himself at the gems. The first very huge, resembling a Topaz, tries to land a hit. But to no avail. Steven ducks, turning and raising his shield. Aiming right for their arm, where their gem is located. This poofs them instantly. The other gem, looking like a fusion of two Rubies, backs away. Even though they were created to be guards with impenetrable rigor, they back away in fear. This was Steven's chance. He lunges at them. They try to retreat, failing miserably. Steven's eyes locked on their gems.

Before they could process what had happened, they poof on impact. One gem is cracked while the other is fine. Steven then turns to the last gem. They cannot escape the wrath of a very grieved Steven, having just lost his lover. A Peridot and Bismuth fusion.

They're towering over him, but Steven can handle it. He elevates himself, now matching their height. They're only about a Bismuth and/or Garnet height, but still tall. He grabs their neck and swings them in the air. They go flying. Before they could summon their weapons again, Steven goes in for the final strike, immediately crushing them. He uses his summoning powers to create two huge bubbles around his fists, out of rage. It looks similar to, resembling a gem that had hurt him once in the past. He smashes his fists down with a loud shriek. The gems breaking fusion from the scream's impact, the impactful hit also making them both shatter before they could hit the ground.

Shards of gems were everywhere. But Steven didn't care. Descending to the ground, surrounded by shattered gems. Twitching at them in anger. Regaining consciousness at this sight, Steven reverts his gaze back to Connie. She was breathing heavily, it was loud and quickening. Lion was by her side. Her hand resting on his snout, Lion nuzzling her hand. He whines while looking at her almost lifeless self. Steven's temperature goes back to normal, running to be by Connie's side once again.

"Connie!" he shouts as if she wasn't right next to him.

"I'm here! I'm here! It's going to be okay! I've got you!" he tries to hold her, or at least lift her into his embrace, she yelps in pain.

"Steven..." she begins to muster out.

"Connie- no!" he looks down at her body, it looks like as if it's been crushed, badly injured. He begins to move closer, but then backs away. "I won't be able to make it- my body has been....ah....crushed."

"No! You're going to be fine! Just- let me-" Steven cries. His tears fall softly onto her face. But nothing works, she doesn't heal. It seems as if his powers aren't working.

"Steven...I.."

"No Connie! You're going to be fine- I-"

"....I love you..." she lowers her hand to his cheek, eyes fixated on his lips, kissing him softly. And with that, her dying breath fades into the darkness, where once their lips had met. She sinks down into the sand, her hand dropping from his cheek to her crushed torso.

"Connie?..."