Chapter One - Inaugurate

||Short Chapter.||

I had a great life. A loving family. A good job. I was in the Police Academy until I slept with my Commanding Officers wife, Sam. She was an amazing girl. I thought she was the one. My life turned around when the apocalypse started. Everything was ruined. Sometimes I would cry myself to sleep at night, trying to forget about the past, but it's permanently stained in my mind. I wish I had someone to comfort me, but I don't.

My father, David Chambler. Gone. My niece, Meghan Chambler. Gone. My sister, Lilly Chambler. Gone.

"Do you have any Cigarettes?" My father would ask that question everyday. Although he knew he couldn't smoke because his oxygen tank. He was a typical old man. My sister on the other hand was probably one of the most amazing mother she could ever be. Keeping Meghan safe, and making sure she gives her daughters everyday needs.

"Hey" a man said while interrupting my thoughts. "Hey, Hey you!" the man repeated. I looked up and there was an Asian looking guy standing next to me, with a blue long sleeve shirt. He had blood on his face, arms and hands. "I need your help with something" he said. "Why? For what?" I replied quickly. "My wife, she's gone, and I need your help to find her. I can't do it alone. Not like this." he said with concern. "But.. you seen what I did. Who I was with." I replied frightened while looking down. "I'm a piece of shit, why would you want my help?" I say eagerly. "I don't want your help, I need it." He says softly.

I got up, He handed me a Gun, and a Knife. "Thank you......." I said as I paused waiting for him to say his name. "Glenn, My name's Glenn!" He said with a smirk. I cleared my throat "Well Glenn, I'm Tara.." I say. We walked miles, and miles. Silently.

As we walked, there was three walkers ahead of us. Glenn quickly but quietly as he could be and ran towards them. I followed.

I turned away for a minute, and Glenn was on the ground struggling to breathe. I quickly picked him up by his armor. He coughed once and then his eyes rolled back to his head while they closed. I put my head to his chest, making sure he was still breathing. I heard an engine running, I slowly revolved towards the Vehicle. Three people came out and walked in front of the truck. Two men, and One woman. "Looks like you might need a little help" said the Ginger "What do you know!" I shouted. He chuckled. Rubbing the back of his head. "What's his name?" He asked politely "Glenn. His name's Glenn" I answered softly. "Well Glenn is going to need our help, and so might you!" He says while walking towards him. I froze for seconds while thinking what Glenn told me "My wife is gone, I need your help to find her!" Kept echoing in my head. I stepped in front of the ginger. "I can't let you take him" I say. "He's trying to find his wife and I'm here to help." You could see the fierce in his eyes. He stepped closer until we bumped heads. "What the boy needs is OUR help!" He said aggressively. "ABRAHAM!" the Latina shouted. He turned around and looked at her then faced me again. "No disrespect but His wife is Gone, Dead. She's probably eating someone's face out by now. Deep down inside you know I'm right." he said explicitly. I didn't know what to believe. She could be or she could not be. "If she is, if she isn't. I'm still helping him. No matter what!" Abraham laughed. "Alright, how bout' we take you with us, Until he wakes up. And..." he said as he paused "AND?" I said aggressively. "And see if he wants to stay or find his well Alive wife." He said with sarcasm. I stood there, thinking "Is this the right thing to do? Should I go with them? How do I know they're safe? Will Glenn get mad?" I questioned myself. "Well?" Abraham shouted. I quickly cleared my thoughts "Yeah, We'll come" I shouted back. I could see from the corner of my eye Him smiling while looking at his friends. "We don't have all day!" said the guy with the Mullet. I turned back "Oh no it's Okay. I don't need your help. But Thanks!" I responded Sarcasmly. Abraham was in the truck, waiting while the man with the Mullet stood beside the Latina. They were arguing quietly about who's going to help. I struggled picking him up. "Don't you guys have any manners?" Abraham asked them while walking by. He picked up Glenn onto his shoulders and put him in the back of the truck. The latina hit the man with the mullet on the arm, and walked back to get into the Truck. The man with the Mullet looked at me and smirked. I could feel a cool breeze on my hands and arms. As I looked down at them, there was blood. I wiped it off gently while walking towards the back of the truck.

The man with the mullet came up to me "You need any help getting up there?" He said pointing at the truck. I looked at him. He laughed. "Oh sorry, the name's Eugene." I smiled and patted his shoulder "Thanks but no." I responded. Eugene had a confused look on his face while he walked off. I hopped in the back of the truck where Glenn was. We drove off.