Chapter 26: Koleos

I looked down at my plate, embarrassed. Swash was looking at me accusingly. This had to be the most awkward situation ever. I wasn't a pedophile for God's sake. Everyone knows that penises get hard for no reason sometimes. But coupled with the 'holding' that Bradley had mentioned, this couldn't look good.

"Um..." I started to say. But words failed me. My face reddened even more and I looked at Swash pleadingly. He still had the mask-like accusatory face on. Then slowly, almost imperceptibly, his expression moved from condemnation to amusement. I saw that excited glimmer in his eyes again. He knew I didn't mean to do anything wrong. If there was anyone I wanted to hump in my sleep, it was him. Was he just playing mind games? He looked at Bradley, who was still staring at me with curiosity.

"I guess it's time for you to sleep in your own bed, Brad."
"But what was the hard thing in his pants?" Bradley didn't seem to mind being told to sleep alone. His inquisitiveness must have overpowered his fear of nightmares.
"It's something that happens when you get older." Swash's expression was gentle and fatherly. Bradley still looked confused.
"But what was it?"
"It was my penis." I said bluntly. I was a little tired of feeling embarrassed. Talking about sex should not embarrass me. I was a whore for crying out loud. Okay, soon to be ex-whore but the experience was still the same. Besides, he was going to find out sooner or later, so he might as well learn to handle it now. I didn't think the knowledge was going to blow his brain out or anything. Swash spun around and stared at me after I said those words. He had this slightly annoyed look as if to say 'Don't just lay it like that on him'. I shrugged.

"You mean my peepee will become hard when I grow up? Does it hurt?" He looked a little scared.
"No, Bradley," I began, stopping Swash from having to say anything else. "Okay, maybe if it stays hard for like two hours. But it's not permanent. Kinda like you can stick your tongue out and put it back in. It happens sometimes when you sleep and sometimes for no good reason. Like in class. Wait until you're thirteen and you'll know what I'm talking about." I found myself smirking. Swash looked a bit uncomfortable. Maybe I was saying too much.

"Okay." Bradley looked down at his plate and finished his eggs. I breathed a sigh of relief, happy he wasn't asking any more questions. I didn't know whether he understood. Maybe he was fine with the little bit I had said. His question had been answered, and his mind was likely processing other things. I looked at swash with a libertine expression that was to be read as 'See, no big deal.' He wasn't smiling, but his eyes were. Another bit of sexual awkwardness handled by Michael. I should be getting rewards for these things.

Breakfast was finished quickly and Swash guided Bradley to the elevator.

"Swash, I'll be out for a few hours today."
"Okay." He didn't even look interested, which I found odd for some reason.
"Aren't you going to ask 'where are you going'?"
"You're 20, not 2."
The elevator door closed as the words I had said echoed in my head. Swash was clearly still bitter about my walking out on them. The little laughter I saw this morning had only been in response to the situation. There was nothing different between us. I sighed and grabbed my phone.

"Hey baby."
"You didn't come yesterday." He made a small sound of disappointment.
"I'm sorry. I said I'll call if I could."
"You should have called to say you couldn't. I had my hopes up and everything."
"Well, that's not really my fault, is it?"
"Yes. It. Is." Malone emphasized every word. "Maybe if you weren't so hot I wouldn't care so much."
I laughed. "So you only like me because of my looks?"
"I'm not that superficial Mike. There's also that tight ass."
I guffawed. I could feel him smiling on the other side of the phone. Malone was sure to brighten up my day. I deserve him.

"I'll try to make it today. I really miss you Mal."
"You know I miss you too. Tell me the magic words and make my pain go away."
"I love you?"
"Those were yesterday's magic words."
"What are today's magic words then?" I chuckled lightly.
"Come over, and I'll tell you."

I laughed again and hung up. Almost as soon as I did, the phone rang. I looked at the screen. Emmet. He'll be at the station today. Emmet was the only one who took the station job seriously. And Robert.