silence (Yullen)

A knock on the door.

Fifteen seconds silence.

Then the quiet sound of a hand gently pressing down the door knob to open it.

Some light footsteps and then the sound of the door being closed again.

That's all.

While Kanda Yuu slips back in his bed he doesn't look up.

His eyes don't meet the silver ones of the other person,  just like he wasn't there.

A slightly younger boy climbs in his bed, clinging to the dark-haired exorcist.

Kanda closes his eyes, still acting as if there was no other living being in his room, besides him.

But there is someone.

And that someone needs him, his existence and his heartbeat,  that seems to be going faster, even if it's just for a split second, when the younger one clings to him like that.

Small arms wrapped around his body, clenched fists, shaking shoulders and the silent tears that fall steadily, remind him of that existence.

Kanda had accepted that long ago.

But while he had his eyes closed he wasn't asleep.  Not at all.

He listened to every single cry, the sobbing and the unsteady breathing of the boy next to him.

Then, when the crying had settled down and the breathing got calmer, he would always open his eyes to stare at the snowy white hair and the peaceful face.

But not for very long.

After some hours he'd always force his stare away from the beautyful face and try to sleep a bit.

His sleep only lasts for some hours.

But that's enough,

and when he opens his eyes again, Kanda Yuu is all alone in his bed.

No sign of the white-haired boy, except the faint warmth and the dried tears that remain on the blanket.

It's like that every night.

Every single night he'd ignore the crying and suffering of the poor boy, who would cling to him, and not let slip a single word.

When he wakes up, he would be alone again, just to open up the door again the next evening.