"Help, I need help." She tried to scream.

She awakes gasping, not enough air filling her lungs. She struggles to calm herself but once she does a single thought filters through.

'E'

•~~x~~•

"How was sleep?" Mara questioned.

"Mhm," is all I answer.

Truth was, I hadn't had night terrors for a week. It would've been a great thing. Had it not been for every waking moment I was here without him I would see him.

In that very moment, I wish I hadn't met him for if I hadn't my heart wouldn't be in affliction. Alas, It was of no use to wish such things for if I hadn't met him I would live without knowing......... I stop myself. Willing myself not to finish that thought. I glance towards the window not expecting but seeing him stand there. I blink and he disappears.

My stare lingers on the window before Mara's voice reaches me, "For the Sun's sake, snap out of your daydream."

"Sorry Mara." Comes my reply.

"It's alright, Devany." Mara replies.

"Mara, have you ever wished to be someone else?" I ask.

"Can't say I have. What makes you ask this?" Mara questions.

"It was a thought in the moment." I lie.

In that moment, looking back at her I know she sees right through me. Through the lie I told her, yet she chooses not to question me.

As she retreats back to her room, I couldn't help but think how I envied her life. She had everything to make her happy. A picture perfect life but why would she choose to spend her time with me.

I was no one important. Unlike me, she had fame, influence, and love. I'm merely someone who had not a single one of those things. Even if we had been friends for a few months. I still questioned her choices about being my friend.

Yet, was nearing my time to leave again. To disappear without being detected, I dreaded it. Despite what I originally thought of Mara she had managed to leave a mark on my heart.

Along with the memories of this decade that mark wouldn't vanish for another hundred years.