CHAPTER FIVE

"No one hurts my family and lives."

✘✘✘

"Fuck! Let me go!" I yelled as five bodies grabbed me from behind, pressing a sharp object against my neck. I was doing daily chores in the basement - washing sheets and clothes - when someone attacked me in the middle of the day. And no one was here to protect me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I tried to escape their grip by swinging with my arms and legs, but it was no use. I was outnumbered.

All of them laughed like I said the funniest joke ever, as the person holding the sharp object pressed it harder. I could feel it tearing my skin. "No, honey," a female voice said. "The question is, what is wrong with you? How could you kill your own sister?" I felt tears of anger and pain stinging my eyes as blood started dripping down my neck.

"If you hurt me, they will kill you," I threatened them, trying to turn around to see their faces, but it was no use. They held my limbs as if they were holding a puppet, completely under control.

"They won't find us," a male voice scoffed. "And we are not scared of them," another male voice chuckled. That's when I remembered what Jesus told me two days ago.

"We are the kids that you can never kill," I laughed, feeling like I finally lost my sanity. I didn't care if I died or lived. My life became worthless. All I have are five boys. "You've never killed before, have you?" I asked the girl who weakly held the blade against my neck. "I will tell you how it goes then," I continued and all of them became quiet. "You will slit my throat and stain every inch of this room, including yourselves, with my filthy blood. Then, you'll go to court where people and reporters will spit on you and tell you how fucked up you are. Eventually, you'll realize what you've done and there will be no going back."

"Nobody would be sad if we killed you! We would be doing a favor to the world!" the girl behind me snapped, pressing the blade against my neck harder. "You are a waste of space!" she dropped the blade and turned me around to face her. I gasped when I realized they are the same ones that greeted me on my first day in the cafeteria.

Before I could do anything to protect myself, she punched me in the jaw, making me fall to the floor. My lip started bleeding and I could feel tears stinging my eyes as their laughter filled in the silence.

Fuck no! I can't let this happen again! If Atlas and the boys taught me anything, it's how to survive. And it's not by caving in and letting others stomp on me.

I quickly got up, anger filling my eyes. Atlas said something that made me reconsider everything I did in my life - fight it or accept it. Fear it or control it. And after everything I've been through, I won't let them bring me down again.

"You sure show some strength," one of the guys said, smirking. "I thought she would be knocked out," the other one added. Everybody laughed, looking at me like I was their prey.

"What the fuck do you want from me?!" I spat at him when another punch hit my face. Not soon after that, everybody started crawling over me, punching and kicking my body. I laid on the floor, protecting my face with my arms as they kept going. There wasn't a place they didn't reach - face, ribs, legs, chest, arms.

I forced back all the cries that needed to be released and closed my eyes, hoping this would end soon, as I spat out blood.

"Penny, we are-" familiar voice said and I immediately opened my eyes. He stopped when he saw what was happening, his gaze pausing at me. People who physically destroyed my body froze in place and I heard a series of curses.