Part Two

Caden walked him to his apartment, but they didn't go inside. Instead, they stood out front and spoke about anything and everything. Jean told him about school and Tennessee while Caden told him about the year of classes he had gone back to take in order to get his masters and become a college professor. "That's so fucking hot," Jean supplied at that point and Caden had laughed.

Then they stood a little closer together and talked about how Caden had been single for the past three years, experiencing nothing more romantic that the occasions sloppy hook up. "Why is that?" Jean inquired, and Caden averted his eyes and shrugged.

"I guess I've just been busy or something," he responded, and Jean hummed, propping his elbow against the brick building and letting his hand prop up his head. For a moment, Caden's eyes eagerly roamed his face, and then he scoffed. "It had nothing to do with you, if that's what you're thinking".

"Oh, of course not," Jean lied, because if anything could be determined over the last hour- from three to four in the morning when Caden had to be at a conference the next day- it was that Caden had cared for him all those years ago, and probably still did.

"What about you then? Any exciting tryst or maybe anything long term?" Caden inquireded, golden eyes intrigued.

"No," Jean answered, amused. "Of course not. I'm not really that type, you know?" Caden huffed in reply, turning his face away. "Ask me why?"

"What?"

Jean leaned in towards him, making Caden flatten his back against the wall and peer up at him. "Ask me why?"

"Why what?"

Rolling his eyes, Jean said, "why I'm a twenty two year old man who still hasn't even attempted a serious relationship?"

"Ah," Caden hummed in understanding. "And why is that?"

Smiling, Jean admitted, "you," without shame. It was the truth. Over the years, sure there had been people who appealed to him on more than a sexual level, but every time he even considered giving them a chance, he thought of Caden, and how he felt about him. It was unfair of him to give himself to someone else when there was always the chance Caden would be back in his life and steal him away.

There was a huff of laughter, and then Caden looked down at his feet, avoiding his eyes. "Miller," he said softly, something like warning in his voice.

"What?" Jean inquired, leaning even closer to him. "It's true". Hands reached out to press into his chest, fingers curling him the fabric of his shirt while also forcing him to keep his distance.

"I leave in a few days".

"Yeah, well, we can have a lot of sex over the course of a few days," Jean reminded, hands moving to grip the hips oh the man in front of him. Surprised, Caden breathed out a little laugh.

"Jean, that's not the point," he claimed. "If we... do that, then we'll only want more, and it's going to make me leaving harder".

For a moment, Jean considered this, because it was true. If they had sex even once, he had no doubt in his mind that he'd want to do it again, and then again. But there was one thing Caden wasn't considering. "You leaving is already going to fucking suck". Caden raised his head. "I got you for one night, three years ago, and I have wanted you ever since. I think we need to think about what we're going to feel once you're back in Florida, if we don't do this. Are you going to be thankful because you potentially saved yourself some pain, or are you going to regret it when it hurts anyway and we don't take advantage of this opportunity".

There was a pause in which Caden's eyes remained unfocused as he thought, and then his grip on the front of Jean's uniform was being used to pull him closer, closing the distance between them. Finally, finally, he was reliving the best moment of his high school career, his mouth moving over Caden's as his hands drew him closer until their hips were pressed tightly together.