I. FAMILIAR FACES

[perseus]

[perseus]

—PERCY DREAMED OF THE SAME GIRL FOR what felt like the thousandth time. He wondered if seeing her hover over him was just a dream as well, he never thought she'd have been real.

He woke up several times, hearing and seeing strange things each time, and fell right back asleep. He was laying on a soft bed, being fed what tasted like popcorn with a pudding texture. The girl with curly blonde hair leaned over him, smirking as she scraped drops of the popcorn-pudding concoction off of his chin.

When she noticed his eyes open, she asked, "What will happen at the summer solstice?"

Percy managed a croak that somewhat sounded like 'what.'

She scanned the area as if afraid someone would hear, "What's going on? What was stolen? We've only got a few weeks!"

Before Percy could answer, the dirty blonde girl, the one from his dreams, opened the door.

"Annabeth, don't pester him! He's still healing!"

Percy fell back into unconsciousness before he could say anything to her.

The next time Percy woke, both the girls were gone. In the corner of the room, a husky blond dude, who reminded Percy of a surfer, stood in the corner of the room, keeping watch over him. He had at least a dozen vibrant blue eyes all over him—on his cheeks, his forehead, and the back of his hands.

When Percy finally awoke for good, there was nothing strange about his surrounding except for the fact that he had seemed to be moved. He was sitting in a deck chair on a huge porch, surrounded by a green meadow and a strawberry-smelling breeze.

With a dry mouth, he noticed the drink that looked like apple juice. Almost dropping the drink due to how weak he was, he noticed Grover leaning against the porch railing, looking sleep deprived and guilty.

"Careful," he said. Under one arm, he held a shoe box.

He was wearing blue jeans, converse hi-tops and a bright orange T-shirt that said CAMP HALF-BLOOD. He looked like a regular boy, and not half goat like he did the other night.

For a minute, Percy considered it was all a nightmare, that his mom was okay and that they were still on vacation, he thought that maybe they stopped here at this big house for some reason.

Grover interrupted his thoughts. "You saved my life, I... well, the least I could do... I went back to the hill. I thought you might want this."